Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi,

I will be doing brakes on my `95 Legacy and I need to ask you guys what kind of front pads should I get for my car. I emailed to BMA autoparts and they offered me Sumitomo front pads for $35. Are those pads good? I’ve never heard about this manufacturer, are those OEM replacements? I have couple of BMW and I installed Axxis Ultimate on them and I’m very happy with those but unfortunately Axxis does not make Ultimate for Subaru Legacy, just metel master I think and possibly Deluxe. Do you guys have any experience with above-mentioned pads? What would you recommend? Are Sumitomos any good? All responds appreciated.

Thank you

Matt

Hi,

I will be doing brakes on my `95 Legacy and I need to ask you guys what kind of front pads should I get for my car. I emailed to BMA autoparts and they offered me Sumitomo front pads for $35. Are those pads good? I’ve never heard about this manufacturer, are those OEM replacements? I have couple of BMW and I installed Axxis Ultimate on them and I’m very happy with those but unfortunately Axxis does not make Ultimate for Subaru Legacy, just metel master I think and possibly Deluxe. Do you guys have any experience with above-mentioned pads? What would you recommend? Are Sumitomos any good? All responds appreciated.

Thank you

Matt

I had very good luck with a set of NAPA Ceramix on the front of my 01 OBW. I got over 50k on those pads, and still not at the wear tab when I replaced them... Only got 23k out of the OEM pads...