Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what is this part called?

i severly bent a FRONT part to which i do not know it's name. i KNOW most every one of you will know the name. it is the arm thing that comes straight out under the axle, and hooks to the bottom of the hub. two rods are connected to it. the rods are a curved one in front and a straight one in back that hooks up right next to the moustache bar. i need to hit the boneyard today to fix my ride so i don't have to hoof it.

also, does anybody out there know what soobs i can scavenge this from?

got the parts today. donor was an 87 gl wagon.picked up a lower control arm and that straight piece connected to it and a wheel w/decent rubber on it for $87. it probably cost me a little more because i went to a yard that pulls everything for you. i just didn't want to bring in a jack and tool and evrything else needed for the job. i kept the originals as relics to show off the raw power and tenacity of the soob. my ball joint is just fine, i asked the dude that pulled my parts, and it seems to move alright.

I would strongly recomend that you change the ball joint. Reason being, if you hit something hard enough to bend the control arm, chances are you have stressed the ball joint and it could fail on you.

Sure it may "feel ok", but you can't feel stress fractures.