Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Engine ran... then Died!

Hi All,

This morning I degreased the engine. All went well and my 92 Loyale started right up afterwords. So... I let it run for 15 minutes to "dry".

Later, I got in to drive and pressed the button for "heat". It seemed like the AC tried to kick on for a second then the RPM's dropped way down. The engine sputted, coughed and stalled.

When I tried to restart it, the car back-fired really loudly in the engine compartment and then wouldn't start.

What happened?

Any ideas?

T.J.

I wouldn't say wet disty because it would have been wet on start up. He ran it for 15 minutes afterwards before this happened.

I could agree on the vac line only if the spray knocked it loose (close to being off) and then your running the engine caused it to come off. Because if it was off directly from the spray he would have experienced the problem on start up. You could also check the spark plug wires to make sure they didn't come loost from the disty cap or coil. Boz