Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Info. on Scorpion 4x140 14"x6" Wheels

Quite often they get special wheels carved out and cut out for designs for motorcycles...

some cool stuff..

there has got to be a seller of blank wheels and we can drill our own holes.

that manufacturer I think is in NY state that cuts those wheels..

anyways.. my input.'

Mike

I was wondering about that, too. A while back I was looking at come Volk forged alloys for my VW. The guy I was dealing with said they were made to order (at least my size). If so, you'd think you could get them made with any lug pattern.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com sometimes get flashlight makers to make special CPF editions and http://www.bladeforums.com sometimes gets knife makers to make special knives. maybe http://www.usmb.net could get a wheel maker to make a special 15"x6" 4x140 USMB wheel? :brow:

Still waiting for a reply from Speedy Wheel in Australia. Did see several wheel types that are sold blank and can be custom drilled when I was looking at the sight. Anyone know the "T" designation (as in T38, T45) for the offset needed for our older Subes?

• 3 months later...

First off, let me start by apologizing for taking so long to post this. What with the Holidays and some family emrgencies, I totally forgot about it. Just found it again when reviewing my email account.

From : Speedy Wheels Australia <speedywh@speedywheels.com.au>

Sent : Wednesday, October 29, 2003 7:31 PM

To : "Aldo Torres" <aldoat@hotmail.com>

Subject : Desert Rat

Hi Aldo,

Thanks for your email.

The cost of the 14x6.0 Desert Rat for your Brat is A$65.00 each. Unfortunately we don't have any freight arrangements in place to the US so you would need to source a freight quotation from your end. I can tell you that via seamail you would be looking at roughly A$90.00 per wheel with a transit time of roughly 6 weeks. Via airmail it's a whopping $170.00 per wheel!!! Given this seafreight is probably your best option. On 4 wheels I don't imagine that it would be cheap but for a larger order I'm sure that the cost would be sufficiently spread.

I've had numerous enquiries from the States over the years for this wheel. Although Speedy USA don't carry steel wheels you may be able to convince them to bring in a shipment of this wheel if the numbers are right. Given that the cost of freight far outweighs the cost of the wheel itself it's worth a shot.

Best regards,

Luke Tonkin

I think I read somewhere that Stocton Wheel in Ca. can convert any wheel into a larger diameter one. The have some sort of a spacer and new rim (outer part of the wheel) and put the center section of your old wheels into them. Stocton wheel does some very nice work, maybe someone would inquire?????

• 7 years later...