Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Info. on Scorpion 4x140 14"x6" Wheels

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#26 Mikldom

Mikldom

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • E.C NC and Tidewater, VA

Posted 28 October 2003 - 02:35 PM

Quite often they get special wheels carved out and cut out for designs for motorcycles...

some cool stuff..

there has got to be a seller of blank wheels and we can drill our own holes.

that manufacturer I think is in NY state that cuts those wheels..

anyways.. my input.'

Mike

#27 Dante

Dante

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 28 October 2003 - 02:54 PM

I was wondering about that, too. A while back I was looking at come Volk forged alloys for my VW. The guy I was dealing with said they were made to order (at least my size). If so, you'd think you could get them made with any lug pattern.

www.candlepowerforums.com sometimes get flashlight makers to make special CPF editions and www.bladeforums.com sometimes gets knife makers to make special knives. maybe www.usmb.net could get a wheel maker to make a special 15"x6" 4x140 USMB wheel? :brow:

#28 eyesore

eyesore

Rocky Mtn. Road Warrior

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • Centennial

Posted 28 October 2003 - 06:18 PM

Dante, It's all good. I was just clarifying the extent of my knowledge. As I don't actually have firsthand experience, but going on what I know from people who have done lots of importing.

#29 Aldoat

Aldoat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Dallas

Posted 29 October 2003 - 02:32 AM

Still waiting for a reply from Speedy Wheel in Australia. Did see several wheel types that are sold blank and can be custom drilled when I was looking at the sight. Anyone know the "T" designation (as in T38, T45) for the offset needed for our older Subes?

#30 Aldoat

Aldoat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Dallas

Posted 29 January 2004 - 09:52 PM

First off, let me start by apologizing for taking so long to post this. What with the Holidays and some family emrgencies, I totally forgot about it. Just found it again when reviewing my email account.

From : Speedy Wheels Australia <speedywh@speedywheels.com.au>
Sent : Wednesday, October 29, 2003 7:31 PM
To : "Aldo Torres" <aldoat@hotmail.com>
Subject : Desert Rat
Hi Aldo,
Thanks for your email.
The cost of the 14x6.0 Desert Rat for your Brat is A$65.00 each. Unfortunately we don't have any freight arrangements in place to the US so you would need to source a freight quotation from your end. I can tell you that via seamail you would be looking at roughly A$90.00 per wheel with a transit time of roughly 6 weeks. Via airmail it's a whopping $170.00 per wheel!!! Given this seafreight is probably your best option. On 4 wheels I don't imagine that it would be cheap but for a larger order I'm sure that the cost would be sufficiently spread.
I've had numerous enquiries from the States over the years for this wheel. Although Speedy USA don't carry steel wheels you may be able to convince them to bring in a shipment of this wheel if the numbers are right. Given that the cost of freight far outweighs the cost of the wheel itself it's worth a shot.
Best regards,
Luke Tonkin

#31 GoldDiggerRoo

GoldDiggerRoo

Pizza anyone?

• Members
  • 565 posts
  • Roanoke, VA

Posted 29 January 2004 - 11:51 PM

I think I read somewhere that Stocton Wheel in Ca. can convert any wheel into a larger diameter one. The have some sort of a spacer and new rim (outer part of the wheel) and put the center section of your old wheels into them. Stocton wheel does some very nice work, maybe someone would inquire?????

#32 GoldDiggerRoo

GoldDiggerRoo

Pizza anyone?

• Members
  • 565 posts
  • Roanoke, VA

Posted 29 January 2004 - 11:53 PM

Here is a link with some info. Stocton Wheel Services

#33 tundrabrat

tundrabrat

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:59 AM

Very interested in this group buy... keep me informed.

#34 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,990 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:09 AM

zombie thread :)

But I must say those wheels are SICK!

I think if I could get my hands on a set of them, Id keep my 4 lug... But since its that spendy, ill go with a 5 lug and EJ AWD swap :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users