Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SEVERE RX problem...

WJM

Ok, after a nice 110 MPH run, WOT, for aobut 3 miles, I come to a stop, ruff idle, and its got aobut 1/3 power.

Its getting fuel and fire. I have no way to see if its getting fire at the right time tho...and no way to check compression. Its oil and coolant leves and pressures are normal, temps too.

So, what it the problem? Any guesses?

Seems like 1 and 3 are not contributing very much, btw...

Perhaps your fuel injectors weren't contributing enough fuel in cylinders 1 and/or 3 causing the pistons rings to overheat. I hope that's not true and I'm probably WAY off but that is what happened to project RX at the Subespeed site. I believe he was making a highway run as well. :( Good luck!

I tihnk that maybe I have lost compression on cyl number one or three....the subspeed dude was cruising. I was at WOT. lol So myabe I had the same problem, but it appeared more suddenly, i would not doubt there being trash in the FI system, the car was poorly maintained. I just installed a new fuel filter.

Maybe a burned valve?

my car dropped a valve seat, i believe. did your heads have cracks between the valves? mine had trouble after an 8000 rpm rev. (i know that wasnt good, but i just so happened to be at a high school parking lot with weak oil burning rice wannabes!)

Cylinder Number Three, exhaust valve seat. Valve stuck open.

The GL-10 is in the middle of the FT4WD conversion, shift linkages and center driveshaft support still being worked out...so, I have no transportation....although the RX is still driveable...