Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Full time front diff ratio?

I've got a Full time 4wd box with a lockable centre diff, not sure what it is out of, as I'm in Australia and the box came from the US. It's either out of an RX or What you guys call a GL-10 (we didn't get any turbos down here). I want to put it in what we call an 89 L-series Touring Wagon with MPFI and a 3.7 rear diff.

How can I confirm that the full time box has a 3.7 front diff to match the rear on my wagon?

Any help would be great.

well if your on a dirt road you could lock the center diff and the tires would skid if the diffs didn't match or you could toast the center diff getting there, but that may be unpractical, i believe the gear ratios in turbo cars is 3.7 vrs 3.9 on na cars

The way I confirmed my front and back were the same, was since my car was up in the air on 4 jack stands already, I put a piece of masking tape on the front and rear fender at 12 o`clock and marked the tires with yellow crayon in line with the tape. Put the vehicle in a gear that you can turn by hand and after a revolution it should come back to the same point on front and back. GRANTED, this is a manual transmission...