Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New 2006 Outback - Recommended Engine Break-in?

Welcome to the forum. There are many faithful Soob owners here and some real good troubleshooters also for when there are problems with the car. It looks like you won't need to worry about any serious trouble for a long time. Enjoy the ride. If this is your first Subaru hopefully you will see why we like them so much.

As far as your question goes I think you just need to take reasonable care when driving it. Don't over rev the engine and make normal starts when moving from a stop. Take a nice ride into the country on a nice day. Your in Soob country now.

Avoid prolonged steady RPM like highway driving at the same speed. A country drive with a wide range of speed is a good idea.

Read your owner's manual, it has recommendations on your break in periods and how to drive while within this period.

Thanks for the info folks. I had almost forgotten about the importance of a good warm up prior to driving with a new engine. Saves a great deal of wear.

Really looking forward to getting the car. It will be my first Subaru and I bought it mainly on the strong recommendations of friends who are happy with their various models.

Lee

Really looking forward to getting the car. It will be my first Subaru and I bought it mainly on the strong recommendations of friends who are happy with their various models.

Lee

And you will soon learn exactly why we all love our Subarus so much.