Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I don't know about everyone else, but I dislike the new exterior designs of the Tribeca and the new Impreza. Subaru has always represented modern practical design in keeping with high technical performance. These new designs look totally out of concept for Subaru. They look like an appeal to toyota celica yuppies. I believe that this will hurt sales tremendously and these designs will be short-lived. (lets hope)

ken moreau

cardineau

Actually the opposite is probably more true, sells for Subarus has gone up, they sold more Tribecas then they expected and the Impreza is also a big seller. Looks to me that Subaru marketing has been doing it's research. But for the record, I'm not too keen on the new design either.

I happen to like the new design. Not so much on the Tribeca, but I think it looks nice on the Impreza. They're sharp.

My bigger beef with the Tribeca is the lack of a roof rack. I think SUVs or wagons for that matter look weird without them.

We all had better get used to the new styling, that's where all the cars are headed; it's obviously selling more cars for them.

Brian M.

While I don't like the grill of the tribeca (and believe me, I've REALLY tried to learn to like it), I do like the tribeca and more importantly, I do like the direction Subaru is moving in terms of attracting this "perceived yuppie" crowd.

Truthfully, it's not a yuppie or rich crowd subaru is going after. What do families with 2-3 kids do, who don't need/want the bulk of a minivan, but want AWD? sure they can buy an outback or forester, but having 2 growing kids, my forester is starting to get *tight*. And by going after this market segment, is Subaru "abandoning" their core consumer base (whatever that is)? Last I checked, Subaru still sells impreza's, legacies, foresters, and outbacks.

And if you want to talk about the move to market to yuppies- this is not new for subaru. How long have the LL Bean editions' been selling? I would say that is more of a yuppie move than selling a tribeca.

Both of my dealers say that the Tribeca is not selling. And I've yet to see one on the road. Maybe they are selling at other locales. I wonder why there are low or zero milage ones on ebay? ... and from dealers! I say they are going to be a flop.

cardineau