Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ignition Lock problem on my RX

So I need help. I searched around the forum to look for a similar problem but it seeems that everyone was having trouble with the actual key being stuck. The problem I have is that I can put the key it, it jus wont turn anywhere, like the lock is totally stuck. Intresting thing is, I was able to turn and everything the day before. Im wondering though becuase they were dong road work at my complex and towed my card about 10yrds without me knowing

:mad: Would this affect anything? The steering is locked, also I had to replace the battery because it was straight dead. Any ideas??

on occassion you really have to man handle the steering wheel. turn it HARD while trying to turn the key. if it doesn't work, try it again, keep trying and the wheel will finally "give" and the key will turn. usually gets easier after a couple minutes....you get real PO'ed and that brute force mentality starts kicking in!!!