Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Good deal on Loyale?

Hello, I just looked at a 92 Loyale today, is it worth $900?

1992 Loyale

4WD auto

fuel injected engine, SPFI?

power everything (windows, doorlocks, criuse, ac maybe, power steering and brakes most likely).

230,000Mi.

very little rust, easily fixable and on the surface of the body, none on the underbody.

Amazingly good interior

good amount of tread on the tires.

I was thinking of offering $600-$700 cash, and point out the mileage and rust while doing it. "It's 8 years younger than my Brat but it has 25,000 more miles on it"

What do you think?

AK

...but cheaper. $900 is just the starting point. I bought a nice 91 with about 150K on it for $1200. Needed tires and timing belts. Put the belts on myself, bought tires.

Especialy if someone on the board can hook you up with a newer motor (and maybe a D/R 5-speed!), this would be nice to have for about $500-700.

No way I would pay that much. Not with 230,000Mi

It all depends on the market. I know here in central VA, I couldn't sell a vehilce like that for more than $200, maybe a bit more (just a bit). it will surely need major repairs within 6 months or much sooner. Trouble spots are:

Tranny

CV joints

EA 82 engine crackes heads.

If nothing has been fixed on it, don't offer more than $250. the only way I would pay the asking price is if they have a long list of repairs done on it.

as one data point, we payed 5k for '92 when it was about 8 years old. and had 70K on it. Put 120,000 on it.

with mileage, your price goes way down because everybody is afraid of high-mileage cars. I am not, but I would adjust the price. and make sure u get the repairs list.