Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Three Corner Rock (Washougal, WA) -- Saturday May 13th

Looks like I've got next weekend off, anyone want to meet up and hit some trails?

Location suggestions are welcomed/encouraged. Preferably somewhere that is good for stockers and lifted rigs to increase turnout.

Update:

We'll be meeting up at the entrance to Battle Ground State Park on Saturday @ 10am and heading out from there.

This link gives you an idea of where the park is

I was thinkin maybe Three Corner rock area near Washougal...From what I could map out you can drive up to the top and then hit the gorge via the back way!

Sounds perfect, can you post a link to a map or directions?

Since I just realized that Sunday is Mothers Day, looks like it would be Saturday that I'm free. Anyone interested?

best bet is to get a Gifford pinchot nat. forest map. I have one and would have to scan it... We could always meet @ Camas safeway parking lot.
Well, the Forest Service has this map available online, but it's pretty vague.

http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/04maps/documents/GP_Vicinity_05.pdf

I'm about 2 hours North of Camas, how does the Safeway parking lot at say 10am on Saturday sound?

yahoo maps works pretty well but not very detailed.. ive been able to route almost all of the service roads aboce camas/washougal.. some technical stuff when you turn off some of the roads.. lots of options

rllywgn

I think I could do Sat. @ 10am /safeway parking lot. Those maps are really vague!!! My FS map is five times better!!! I have been up to Three corner rock mtn biking a few years back so I know the roads abit .

Option two : meet at Battle ground state park entrance and head Ne to Bells mtn then Se to Spotted deer mtn...SE again to Elkhorn mtn ..East to Larch mtn ...South to Jones creek 99% of it is on unimproved roads !!!

so ya know there will be some fun spurs/tracks off of them...:banana:

I've been checkin out Greenleaf peak 3,422ft /basin looks promising not far from 3 corner rock. I noticed a hot springs near there!

We could come down to the gorge near Stevenson or Bridge of the Gods.

I used to race at the Washougal MX track back in '92....5 race series....'Top of the mtn challenge' ..I even have the video of the final race! It was awesome ! We had Nirvana blastin' over the tower PA while we raced ...got us really stoked when we past by...:headbang::burnout:

I gotta buddy from www.Offroadsubarus.com. that might show from SEA...in a Forester...!:grin:
Ok cool. It looks like Three Corner Rock it is then. I'll make sure to bring my Canon 350d for photo ops. :grin: I guess this means I need to try and get my weber dialed in by Saturday.

Does 10am at the Camas Safeway still work, or should we try starting out later? FYI, I'm without internet at home right now so I'm not able to keep up with this thread as fast as I would normally.

One last bump from me.

Since I was emailed about it, this is open to all vehicles, not just Subarus. I've also got room for someone to ride shotgun if they want.

My cell # is 360 880 7170 is anyone wants to reach me about this.

-Chris

One last bump from me.

Since I was emailed about it, this is open to all vehicles, not just Subarus. I've also got room for someone to ride shotgun if they want.

Bump

I also have room for another cartridge....! Leavin PDX 9am sharp! cell 503-314-7535 anytime..

Were meetin at Battle ground state park, Wa entrance 10am

Solo It is...! I've been busy so no time to post a TR...

I arrived at Battleground st.Park and waited an hour and head for the hills....Spankly Pete calls and his disty went to hell five miles out from home...DOH!

The first turn off pavement and wow! Tricycle time..past a car shot to peices ( 4 sections of it+ a fridge). I tool around abit looking for more...nothing but no tresspassing /private property signs everywhere so I head elsewhere not wanting confrontation (my 24 month old son is with me as well).

I found my way to Larch mtn. for some great views mostly dirt/gravel/skidder tracks. My son and I head out for hike to the top (my boy did 6 miles on a steep rocky trail with some snow! What a trooper!) . I saw two FS rangers one undercover in a Dodge ram...warning me about dirt bikers...yeah ...yeah...buddy they hit me and they are done....!

It was a great day! although I never made 3 corner rock ....to much to see and do..Great views of ST.Helens/Hood abit dusty...I found my way back to Washougal and back home. Another day to explore!

tricycle.jpg

upandaway.jpg

over.jpg

onecarshot.jpg

sthelensout.jpg

hoodsouth.jpg