Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any interest in a North East soob offroad meet?

So i just realized that it has to be one color... and we don't have pink at work :rolleyes:

stiorp.jpg

or...

stiorp2.jpg

I'm not really into flashy stuff...like huge windshield stickers :-p

i could make some USMB.net stickers too

or... whatever yall want

Ok... back on topic.

-When & Where are we meeting? (Paragon ~9-10am?)

-Who's Camping out & where?

-Who's Crashing in 75 subie's front yard? :D

-Convoy Ideas? Where are you coming from.. & when...

-Are we going to try & get a group rate?

--If so, i bet we'll need ##'s

there were more things... but i forgot them... we should be somewhat organized :rolleyes:

So, i'm planning on heading down friday night i think (it's a long drive..), and maybe staying in Hartford, CT that night, and finnishing the drive in the AM. Then i'll try to find a campground or something in the paragon area... that allows beverages ;)

Oh yeah! if yall' can score CB radios for the trip that'd be cool too, it's always fun being able to chat & well.. use the radio while wheelin' :)

And if you want a sticker of somesort, let me know.. i can just do a large mixed batch :brow:

9-10am at paragon is fine for me

i will be going to harry's after the meet, and then heading home after a dinner stop, probably late at night.

i wish i could offer for people to stay in or camp out at my house, but i seriously have no spare rooms, currently my house is TOO full:lol: there are plenty of camp grounds around my house though, and there is even some great fishing 15 mins from my house, with a campground next door. i went 2 days ago and got 53 fish in 4 hours. there were some huge crappies, sunnies, pikeral, etc.

i`m in for a convoy!

group rate would be awesome! i`ll look around for that info.

the CB idea sounds cool also, i`ll look for a cheap one soon!

I was just looking at the site.. i dunno if we can manage a group rate...

"

1-Day Pass

$35 per vehicle (includes driver) Group rates is available for groups of 25 or more. "

i doubt we have more than 25 :-\

Passengers are 5 bucks,

More:

Basic SUV/4x4 Vehicle Requirements:

Seat belts and rollover protection for all occupants

Four Wheel Drive, low range is not mandatory

Hard mounted tow point front or rear

Recovery strap (no metal hooks on the ends)

Full size spare

Battery tie down

Orange safety flag

At least three vehicles in a group

... so i'm planning on rigging a flag on here at home, so i dont have to pay for one there ;)

Their site isn't very good.. but has some info...

http://www.paragonap.com/

Trail Maps:

http://www.paragonap.com/p_trailmaps.htm

And of course, there's a waiver that we all have to fill out:

http://www.paragonap.com/adobedocs/waiver_v03_06-2005.pdf

Well, depending on others, i'll probably just leave early saturday morning(coming from Philly/Ben Franklin).

I am down for camping out, but i don't currently have a tent. I might be able to borrow one from a friend, but i do not know what kind of quality of the tent(if it rains, i dont want to get all wet). I have a 95 impreza coupe, so i cant sleep in it, comfortably.

Is anyone else coming through the philly area, cause if so, we can travel together in a group. I was considering camping friday night and saturday night, but i don't know if thats too much for some people.

I'll work on getting a cb. Should i lok at an expensive one or will a cheaper one(like forester ranger has, it has all the controls on the hand mic). Gotta figure out where to put the antena. And the orange flag i think i am gonna mount on my FM atenna on the A pillar.

I also need to aquire a full size spare.

Junkyardbrat is looking great!!:headbang: glad to see it went to a good owner.

how are you liking my primer job on the nose:brow: i kinda miss that truck:slobber:

those other wheels had some thicker meat on them, but they were not matching....

• Like 1

i'll be rolling down saturday morning. not sure yet whether i'll be driving home that night or camping out @ paragon.

i have a cb already in the wagon complete with PA speaker under the hood so i'm good to go.

Well, yea. I got a list started myself.

-suspension(install stuts and springs)

-Tires(got them mounted. need to cut fenders)

-Drive train(really considering swapping in a manual tranny before this trip depending on if i get my parts car this week. see forsale forum for details)

-cb radio?

-stock up on fluids(wd40, motor oil, spare oil filter, pb blaster,etc)

-Locate full size spare. What is classified as full size spare. I will have 27inch tires, can i use my current wheels(205/55/16?)

-Locate orange flag

-Put together a tool box for trip

i am sure there is so much more

yeah I need to fab up a front skid plate, I SWORE I drug my oil pan today, but didnt see any scratches on it. CB Radio, fluids, already got a toolbox in there permanently. I dont know if I'll have 5 SSR's though, I only bought 4 and I always have a full size spare with me.

• Like 1

i ordered my springs from subarugenunineparts last wednesday(placed the order). They had to eta my springs from subaru and they shipped out today from washington and delievery is scheduled for monday. :eek:

I am never gonna get these things.

I dunno if i'm going to have the lift springs before the meet.. .and if i do i might be installing them the night before.. and getting a quick allignment on the way there :rolleyes:

But my lightforces should be on the way here soon! :D

• Like 1

i ordered my springs from subarugenunineparts last wednesday(placed the order). They had to eta my springs from subaru and they shipped out today from washington and delievery is scheduled for monday. :eek:

I am never gonna get these things.

Jamie ships stuff SUPER fast... you'll see them alot faster than you'd expect ;)

I'm about to place my spring order actually... realized i have more $$ than i thought :D

they're not here yet. i hope they will be here on monday like the tracking # says. I talked to her(i think) on the phone when placing my order and she was very helpful.

I understand they were being shipped from the northwest to the north east. Hopfully i'll be alittle lifted by wednesday.

Yeahh... my springs are being shipped from CA on monday, ups ground... so they'll get here eventually ;)

I'm working on a skidplate w/ one of my buddies from school who builds & wheels huge yota' & jeep rigs in competition!

we're thinking full 1/8" underbody (under the engine), with tube re-enforcement for some racking points :D