Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1989 RX Value

Someone near me is selling an 89 RX F/T AWD D/R turbo with the center diff lock and I think it had an LSD. This sounds good so far. Thats what I thought too. I went and looked at it today and somebody didn't love this car very much. It had a bit of rust, dents all over it, driver side fender smashed in, needs new tires, and they said their son drove it down at the river alot.(Engine was covered with mud) I took it for a test drive and it had a little trouble going. The clutch was slipping really bad and the engine didn't want to rev up. It had 168 thousand and some miles on it. The interior had rats living in it but could be cleaned up. They are asking $700 for it but said it was negotionable. What do ya'll think is a fair price? (This would be a project car and does not have to be on the road right away)

Sounds pretty rough to me.I wouldn't go much over $200 for it.No telling how much money you will end up putting in it if it has been negleted.

thats what i was thinking. it was actually worse than i wrote but i just wanted to see how much i could get if it was actually decent, and its barely that.

what's it worth to you, that's what matters. if you really need it, you may not get many chances down south to pick one up. might be a good deal for you.

rats , i'd be checking the wiring too. rodents are fond of chewing insulation and wires.