Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1996 Subaru Leone?

20843788_full.jpg

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/auction-55735779.htm

1500cc Auto FWD

At first I thought it was just an incorrect listing right? Because its a Nissan wagon thing, which I can't spell the name of....A guy I know has one, and its definately a Nissan.

But it says Leone on the rear hatch, and has a Subaru badge.

Here is the nissan I am thinking of.

8e6fb87de8.jpg

Which gene pool has Subaru been mixing in now?:rolleyes:

Ok so despite the Subaru badge i think i'll put this down to some sick twisted practical joke. Heres another choice suby - now wouldnt you love to cram a EJ25 in this thing! :lol: It would be like the JuSTI but weirder.

21144388_full.jpg

If thats the Brat's successor then im ashamed.

KELTIK

Ok so despite the Subaru badge i think i'll put this down to some sick twisted practical joke. Heres another choice suby - now wouldnt you love to cram a EJ25 in this thing! :lol: It would be like the JuSTI but weirder.

21144388_full.jpg

KELTIK

Looks like a Sambar, whic has been around in some form or other much longer than the brat.

21144388_full.jpg

KELTIK

ive seen those things, mostly mitsu branded, but i think all the japanese auto makes have made them. they are often in large plants used as matinence trucks. very very underpowered

20843788_full.jpg

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/auction-55735779.htm

1500cc Auto FWD

At first I thought it was just an incorrect listing right? Because its a Nissan wagon thing, which I can't spell the name of....A guy I know has one, and its definately a Nissan.

But it says Leone on the rear hatch, and has a Subaru badge.

Which gene pool has Subaru been mixing in now?:rolleyes:

Yeah, I'd say someone was having fun with some glue... It just can't be!

Yeah its quite possible its not actually a Subaru. If anyone really wants I could ask the seller whether or not it is actually a Subaru or not. Vin plate etc.

Did Subaru ever have ties with Nissan?

That definately says Subaru on the mudflaps and hatch etc though.

21081420_full.jpg

Ahh Ha! Some of you might remember the "Diesel subaru?" post from a while ago. After some looking around, i found that the engine code looked suspiciously "nissanish".

I think you may have found the answer - the deisel leone is simply a re badged nissan whatever-it-is.

It is probably just as subaru as the subaru vans are - as in subaru enough to be legally called one, but not much more than that.

ive seen those things, mostly mitsu branded, but i think all the japanese auto makes have made them. they are often in large plants used as matinence trucks. very very underpowered

depends. some of them have a 700cc S/C 4 pot in them consideringthey weigh 1200lbs they can move unloaded.