Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nice red EA81 wagon-Kent-Des Moines road

I'm certain that it was a ea81 wagon. It was broken down, going up the hill into Des Moines, WA and I guess the person who owns it isn't on here, or hasn't seen this. I didn't get a chance to stop and examine it, so I couldn't tell exactly what year it was, but for sure between 81 and 84.

Anyway, I thought it might be someone on here, but evidently, it's not. Just a good looking subie, that's all.

please be more specific :confused:

are you sure it was ea81? or gen 2 body style, 4 or 2 headlights, lifted or not

and was it on a main road, hiway, or interstaste???

The wagon is mine. It was a long friday. I was trying to get to Portland for the weekend but that plan ended quickly. Lost power going up the big hill up to I-5 from Kent. Thought it was the alternator, had it tested and it was fine. Spark was there, gas fine, fuses ok, just didn't wan't to start. I was told by some people that I needed a new ignition thingy in my distributor. SO, i repaced that at the tune of 135 bucks. 35 more than I paid for the car. And it still didn't want to start. Maybe i needed to alter the timing after replacing the part but it was getting dark and I live no where near kent so I had it towed to a place called East Valley Auto Rebuild. The guy claims to be a subaru guru so I hope he can make it run for not too much $. Thanks for the compliment on the car, still have not got the nice plaid seats redone. Hope to get some pictures of the car on here soon. Thanks, Reier

Oh yea, the car is an '82 wagon, dual range, factory passing lamp, A style push bar, 209,000 on car and no idea on an engine i installed a few months ago. I think the color is called Toreador RED or something like that. Looks orange to me.