Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hydraulic Clutch In My 85 GL Hatch

neighbor667

I'm doing a quite extensive swap in my 85 GL hatch. I have most of it handled but would love input of how I should approach converting to a hydraulic slave to run a WRX cluctch/trans. Your help and sudgestions are greatly appreciated, CB!

Wow CB, checked out the pics over on nasioc! It really is a "hatch" your working on, I assumed you were mistakenly calling an EA82 3 door coupe a hatch. That's SOOOOO cool!:banana:

Anyway, I'm doing a similar build also with an EA81 hatch.

I've been down the same road with planning an entire suspension conversion. I'm currently leaning toward not doing it, and just doing engine/drivetrain. Why? For one, because the track width is a lot wider on the EJs compared to the hatch. I think it's going to look very off... I'm not sure, but the tires may end up sticking out past the fenders. This may be a cool look for an offroader with a lift, but on a street machine I think it's gonna look ghetto. I've only done eyeball guesses on this though it may not big such a huge difference. At any rate it should work fine if it's engineered well, if you're making a serious race vehicle you're probably not too concerned about looks, but what's your take on the track width issue?

the WRX brake cylinder is a direct bolt in with a new line for the front outlet .

Do you think at some point you could do a write up on your car? I really like the professional approach you take to all the modification and fabrication. I also want to do this swap on one of my EA81s, so a complete guide to the swap would be awesome.

What would you say the difficult parts of the swap are? I know the engine mounts are close and the wiring is a pain, but what problems did you run into?

I dont want to hijack this thred for his WRX hatch swap so ill start a new one" WRX BRAT"