Ultimate Subaru Message Board

More Half-done Bumper Pics... A-bar

Andyjo

So we did some dumpster diving today on campus, found a futon... which was thrown out... dragged that sucker out & chopped it up, and BAM, i've got myself an a-bar on the front of the impreza :brow:

i need to do some more welding.. it's just tacked on right now, but it looks hott! :headbang:

abar.jpg

abar2.jpg

still need to build that skidplate, and cut off the bottom edge there... sticks down to far :rolleyes:

Semi-Gloss Black, engine block stuff, i picked some up today.

Not out do-austin... because he's got more clearance :rolleyes:

anyhow, we're in it together for one great cause.... out-do Zapar :brow:

eh.. need another shackle and to finnish welding up everything. :D

hopefully i can get some work on it done tomorrow, and get it painted and ready for action.

Not out do-austin... because he's got more clearance :rolleyes:

anyhow, we're in it together for one great cause.... out-do Zapar :brow:

I've got some clearance. :brow: 11.5 at the rear diff, 9.5 at the y-pipes.

You guys had better get some proper off road tires if you plan to "one-up" me. Those ATs aren't gonna get it done. If things go right, it will be 2 inches or so taller for WCSS8. :eek: Never mind "How?" :-p

As far as bumpers go, you can count on mine probably never getting a gnarly off road bumper. I just don't see the point. My little imp will never be up to the trails that require them. . .

In stead of gloss black, try rust o leum satin black. Very cool, not quite flat, not quite gloss.

andyjo,

you should cut a profile on the front fenders to bend some tube for, then cut out your rockers replace them with some square tube or some 1/4 slices of big pipe, and connect it all up and then into a rear bumper to match your front. that would be SLICK.

also I like the new addition but it would be cool to make it taller and more pre runner looking.

damn I need to start cutting up my legacy. there was a 1 ton dodge for sale near me for $500 that would have been a good axle donor, weld up the center diff and do a divorced toyota case etc...:brow:

... Dunno about in the US, but down here we have bouncing roo's.. If the bumper was mine I'd get a bar off that "push bar" (on top) and rap it round to attach behind the indercators. That way when you hit a roo it doesn't make a bloody mess of the light... just a thought.