Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'96 BG5 Legacy wagon projector headlights...

I'm looking on ebay for replacement parts for my 1995 Subaru Legacy Wagon.

I found some 1995-1999 Subaru Legacy JDM tail lights with the middle garnish. The bottom is white instead of orange..and the middle garnish says "LEGACY" instead of "SUBARU". I asked the guy if they'd fit on my wagon..he said they would. So i'm getting those.

But ive been looking for replacement headlights...one if mine is broken.

I found a pair of "JDM Projector Headlights from a 1996 Subaru Legacy with a BG5 chassis."

So i was wondering they would fit on my '95 wagon?

I'm not sure what chassis i have...is there somewhere on the car i can find that out...i have the owners manual and everything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

they may not be legal, but you could probably convert them to silverstar or something else. besides, how many cops actually write citations for that anyways...

but why pay a premium for JDM lights when you can get some GT or Outback headlights that look exactly the same (black inside surround, just no projector) for less. and they are legal! :banana:

BTW: your chassis number is on your vin. yours will be BG#, and its the # after BG... i think GT's are BG5 (could be wrong), mine is a BG6 (Outback). sedans are BD#, the newer generations are BH (wgn), BE (sdn) (2000-2004) the newest generation are BL (sdn) and BP (wgn). cant remember the first gens though....(BC# and BF#?)

Another problem is the JDM lights are focused for a RHD car. Your headlights would be aimed for the left side of the road not the right.

Ever pass a car parked facing you that pulled up to the curb on your side of the road with its headlights on?

another good point^^^

beware of the two piece headlights (your 95 is a single piece, and 98 and 99 spec head lights are two piece) i think you would need extra parts if you convert to those (96 and 97 spec lights arae ok though, and are direct bolt ons)