Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ea81 Seat Questions??????

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cole098

cole098

Subaru. It's a sickness

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • pottsville,pa

Posted 26 October 2003 - 04:45 PM

I have a 84 wagon with the typical ripped up driver seat.. It is also lop sidded and springs stick ya... I was at a junk yard today and only fond a decent Passenger side seat but it is in a hatch.............
Is there any way to swap out the seat backs and bottoms.. Andy what is different as far as the mechanical thinger goes.. Could I take the mechanical part from the bottom of my WAGON driver seat and put it on the HATCH passenger seat that is good??
Any tips... Thanks Joe...

#2 cole098

cole098

Subaru. It's a sickness

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • pottsville,pa

Posted 26 October 2003 - 06:39 PM

bump

#3 TomRhere

TomRhere

Certified BRAT nut!!!

• Members
  • 4,044 posts
  • Hillsdale, Mi. USA

Posted 26 October 2003 - 08:19 PM

If you're talking about the tracks, then yes, you can swap them from DS seat to PS seat, for use on the DS. If they are tiltable seats, your control will be on the wrong side, but that doesn't hurt anything. Just takes getting used to.

#4 cole098

cole098

Subaru. It's a sickness

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • pottsville,pa

Posted 26 October 2003 - 08:49 PM

Thanks Tom... Joe

#5 WagonsOnly

WagonsOnly

Now only WagonsMostly.

• Members
  • 1,475 posts
  • North Central CT

Posted 27 October 2003 - 12:39 AM

Don't forget that the passenger side hatch seat is on a mechanical slider, same as the 2-door--and if your rear passenger/dog steps on that lever you'll be headed at the windsheld pretty quick. Also, the recliner lever will be inaccessible and you'll lose the lumbar support. There was another thread on the same subject in this forum (swapping Gen I wagon seats for BRAT seats, and installing EA82 and other seats in Gen II wagons). Have a look at that, there are some pretty good comments and sources for aftermarket seats. Here's the direct link:

http://usmb.ultimate...50158#post50158

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users