Ultimate Subaru Message Board

"Mountain Patrol" summer 2006 update lots O pics

A DOG

Well summer is right around the corner and I finally got around to doing some upgrades on the Mountain Patrol wagon. I finally got my Weber carb installed. WOW what a difference. Now I see why all the lifted subies have webers they rock! When I got my weber installed I was contemplating putting an EA82 intake manifold on there just for the better air flow, but I decided to just have my EA81 manifold ported! I also slaughtered my clutch last year brawling. So I had to get a new one. So I just got a replacement one, works fine so far. I also got an Accell coil for better spark. In the next few weeks my wagon is going to get better and better. Right now its being worked on with something special that I don't think anyone else here has done to a lifted EA81. I did get rid of my bumpin stereo system in the wagon. Mainly because the subs were taking up to much room in the back and I want to sleep in my suby sometimes. There is still many more mods to come.

All of you will have to wait til tomorrow for pics, but I did upload a short video of some brawling since I got my weber installed. Hear that baby roar!:headbang::burnout::D

Link: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=10980&limit=last1

That snow crossing was sick. I doesn't look to deep but it was deep. My friends burly Nissan 4x4 Hardbody barely made it. The second pass I got stuck nice and good. That's why you always bring two 4x4s, to unstuck eachother.

BYW: Anybody notice my Pirate flag on my CB radio antenea?

I got my wagon back from the Exhaust shop today. I had them take the cat out of the Y pipe and the resonator out and put a 2in pipe all the way back to a Speedrex muffler. My wagon sounds sooooo burly now. It sounds like a mini WRX. I'll upload a sound/video clip tomorrow. Check the pics:

exhaust1small.jpg?8476

muffler2small.jpg

muffler1small.jpg

All together the whole exhaust work costs me 250 bucks, but since my birthday is on the 21st I got my Dad to pay for it. SCORE!!!!!!!

Heres the Weber pics:

weber1small.jpg

weber2small.jpg

PORTED!!!!!! I just had to spend the extra money to port out my manifold.

I still have more to do, but here she is as of right now. Pirate flag and all.

glory2small.jpg

Carl and I will have to meet up with ya this june if your around (probably the 28th/29th) when we are heading thru montana.... :D

looks pretty nice! lots different then when I saw it when I was there last time...

For sure man! Just give me a call or PM me when your gonna leave. Why are you heading through montana? Moving back to WAshington?

For sure man! Just give me a call or PM me when your gonna leave. Why are you heading through montana? Moving back to WAshington?

yep... you should see the same combo roll thru.. the imp with a trailer fill of crap.. but this time I may have a friend along for the ride, and I have a few more mods done to the car and the trailer (a lid, so we dont need the tarp this time lol)

once I am established again in WA... i should be able to make some actual motnana trips for visits n such later in the year, next year... ect..

once I am established again in WA... i should be able to make some actual motnana trips for visits n such later in the year, next year... ect..

That sounds great. Once I have an established friend in WA I can come down there for some brawling expeditions with the washington subaru crew.:banana:

• 3 months later...