Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what size speakers?

The dash speakers are different sizes. One is a 4 x 6 , the other is an off size. The door speakers are like 51/4". I have a spare set of door speakers if you need them. I put in 3" Sonys in hte dash ans 6x9 boxes behind the seats.

The dash speakers are different sizes. One is a 4 x 6 , the other is an off size. The door speakers are like 51/4". I have a spare set of door speakers if you need them. I put in 3" Sonys in hte dash ans 6x9 boxes behind the seats.

Ditto.

I replaced both fronts with 3 1/2" JBLs. I tore apart the OEM speakers (junk) and cut off all but the metal ring around the outside and mounted my new speaks to that, and mounted that into the dash like normal.

The driver's side dash speaker is 3x5" but if you work at it you can squeeze a 4x6" in there. Also, the 5.25" door speakers are very thin, so if you plan on upgrading then think about how much thicker the aftermarket ones are and how to make them fit.