Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hey i have a 97 ob

it has a 185000 miles on it. it has a hydraulic clutch. when i first got it i noticed you had to push the clutch in a long way to engage it. i recently put a new clutch kit in. i even had the flywheel resurfaced figuring that might help the problem. nope. is there any way to adjust hydraulic cluthes? oh yeah the resevoir is full of fluid and have never seen it leak

thanks jake

thanks for the advice.

if i can't pump the clutch pedal up does that rule out bleeding the system?

also could adjusting the clevis pin cause any problems down the road? (probably a dumb question) and is it easy to adjust. i haven't looked at it yet but figured i would ask

You just want to make sure you don't adjust the clevis pin too far, so that the master cylinder doesn't return to it's full stop/resting position. If it doesn't, it keeps pressure on the slave cylinder which could wear things out, and/or possibly leave the clutch a smidge engaged.

Take a look under the dash, and it should be a little more clear.

Even if you don't have a full stroke on the pedal, you should still be engaging the piston in the master cylinder, and could bleed the system.