Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Boss kit for leone

Can anyone out there supply me with a boss kit for a leone between the ages of 85 and 88? I have been trying to find one for bloody ages and my efforts have proved unsecessful. I know they r increadibly hard to find hence im looking outside nz.

I need it for my 86 RX Coupe.

Hey Richard, i got mine (EA81) from Murray Costello cars, over on Lincoln road. They are/were the agents for momo in CHCH. (there are others who you may want to call)

It'll be old stock for them now, but it's worth a phone call.

On a side note, i was under the impression that a Impreza boss kit fitted a EA82? not 100% on that, but it may be worth trying?

Opps, sorry guys, a "boss kit" is the after market steering wheel adaptor here in NZ.

No worries. Certainly easier to say than our "steering wheel adapter".

(In my lexicon, a "boss" is a mounting point on a casting or forging.)

Well - you could try this mob. They have a listing for the EA82 boss. I am unsure if its available or not. Prepare your Swedish Kronas though!

http://www.dalhems.se/stylingsidor/peugvolv.html#anchor15072825

Cost the equivalent of about A$70 before freight.

Just on that - you might want to check that your wheel fits on that boss kit too.

• 3 weeks later...
I thought it had been determined that impreza/legacy aftermarket steering wheel hubs were mechanically compatible with L-series (ea82) cars?

Nup they're completely different. Iv got a boss kit for my 94 legacy and it doesnt fit any of my L-series leones.