Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Yay or Nay?

TheSubaruJunkie

I maybe able to get another RX. Needs motor work so thinking of making it a N/A MPFI and doin this:

rx_lift1.jpg

Figure, since its already got the locked rear... and i wont have to worry about swapping rear disc brakes or anything. Too bad the low sucks, but maybe the motor will make up for it?

-Brian

that'd be sweeeeeet.... a lifted coupe!

you know, if you're getting the mpfi engine might aswell get a 5sp d/r instead of the RX trans... you could easily sell the turbo motor and ft4wd d/r to make up the money to buy yourself a nice d/r with the good low range...

then just change the diff to match and you're set!

the normal dual range is the same dimensions as as the RX trans... so it'll all bolt right in...

i say go for it! that'd be awesome fun!:D

So there's no way to fit the low gear out of a 5sp in to the FT4WD? I have never seen a FT4WD gearbox, so excuse my ignorance please.

As some of you know, here is Australia we got AWD with lowrange in some early 90's model liberty's (aus name for legacy's.) Their low range sucks too. But theres a company here that make better low range gears for them. But at $1500 a pot, I'd think not.

I haven't seen a Lcoupe lifted, would be cool, and with all the goodies, like LSD, rear disks... It has everything I want to put on my ute... If you have the money, do it! :) We'll all love ya for it :D

I'd say go for it too Brian. It's different enough to make it cool. You could also sleep in it if need be. Already having a rear lsd and discs is a bonus. And you need a wheeler. Oh and I like those soobs in the background too I want one!!:grin:

Why not find a GL 3-door? You'll already have the D/R box and you'll not be bashing up such a rare car. Not to mention, the turbo engine is less than sweet for crawling, as you well know, I'm sure. Seems almost kinda sad to bash up an RX :( .

:horse:

Here's your last rendition.

put up or . . .

Now THAT would be sweet! But it'd be a lot more work, and having it done before wcss would make something like that impossible. Maybe just get it lifted a little now while working on the rest as time allows? And Brian, swap that turbo motor out for a regular FI or carbed engine and go for it!

I dont want anything that big. That 1st photo was just for fun. There is a RX on CL right now, and AA lifts seem to be ready overnight.

Problem is ballancing my bills and trying to get another wheeler going. Wish i had money to throw around on Toyotas and Impreza's :rolleyes:

-Brian

i want a coupe, i want a coupe, i want a coupe, i want a coupe, i want a coupe, i want a coupe

pitty im in oz and cant find 1

Yes, they are very, very, very, very, very rare here. There was this really nice one a Adelaide company imported. It was on a artical somewhere online called "Grand daddy Subie" or something. They wanted $3500 for it plus about $1500 to get it rego'd and checked out... I wonder if anyone bought it. Anyway, it was sweet. Subaru Blue, 13" gold superlites... Mmmm.

Problem is ballancing my bills and trying to get another wheeler going. Wish i had money to throw around on Toyotas and Impreza's :rolleyes:

-Brian

Me too. You've watched me progress over the years, each time a little bit toward the newer and newer side. I've pretty much always had three of something. It's always sell something to buy something. This newest OBS is the 29th? Soob in 6-7 years or so. You know me.

I wish I had $ to throw around on a new STI and the goodies to offroad it.

Ross's rig was one of the coolest Soobie offroaders I've ever seen. If you can model after that, you're on the right track. :headbang:

RossN2Hole2.jpg