Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Good deal on GL sedan?

Here are the specs:

-1984 GL sedan, maroon with tan interior, small crack on driver's seat (vinyl only), some undercarriage rust (not on frame and the jack points are solid)

-Sunroof

-Working analog dash

-Cruise (not functioning-broken vacuum line)

-Rear deck rack/spoiler thingie

-Auto tranny, 4WD, replaced at 50K with Subaru OEM parts (NOT rebuilt)

-All dealer maintenance records

-One owner

-A/C, hasn't worked in about a year, supposedly just needs a recharge

-Power windows

Seller wanted $600 for it. Said I could have it for $450. It's 200 miles away...should I go for it? Sedans are getting rarer in this area and the rust is no worse than on the GLF moosens sold to my mom--minimal in easy-to-fix areas.

What say the Board?

Sounds great but will you still have a place to live if you bring it home?

THere's an '83? Turbo sedan here in Bpt.,you may have heard us talk about.It's still there,not terrible shape but tranny is shot.It could help you with your latest find if you get it.Just a thought.

For about what you paid me for the coupe you could have a turbo sedan with lots of extras.The turbo in Bpt. was at $200 but I'm pretty sure they'd dump it for $150,maybe a little less if I catch them on a good day.

I'm a little leery about getting an EA81 turbo. Has anyone done a 5s conversion on one? How did it come out? And does SOA still make turbo parts and digidashes available?

(And moosens--why didn't you tell me that when you sold us the coupe?:banghead: just kidding)

What fun would that be?:banghead:

As I've heard the 5spd does work.As for parts YES,you should still be able to get them if you know the right people :brow:

Digi-dash....well,there has to be something that won't work right or it wouldn't be an old Subaru,post Gen I.

THere's also an '83?wagon I'm getting this week and a 2WD XT w/spider intake tomorrow or Wed..

I'm also getting an '88 or 89 3door w/D/R 5spd

all 3 for under $251 :headbang:

The '83 waggin has a cut rad. support but comes with multitudes of extra parts.

The XT is very decent,super clean inside,very small rot spots,mostly solid and runs like a muthuh.

The 3doors is a rot box with minimal nutritional value.

I'd get the EA81Turbo sedan but I'm once again overbooked.:-\

Hmmm...selling the XT? Is it a 5spd? Any options?

And I also have a line on a '93 SVX LS-L Touring with the 25th Anniversary package. One of either 600 or 301, depending on who you believe...I'm going to see if she'll finance.

Please also check your mail, the lousy school server is running again (temporarily) so I have email access for now.