Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The new line up.

Got ambitious this weekend and pulled the RX out of mothballs and moss.

God was the thing a mess. Took me a couple of hours to wash it.

Wanted to get the new Brat cleaned up for a photo shoot also.

Oh yeah, I got the 84 Brat about 3 weeks ago og CL. $1200. It has/had some issues. Both motor mounts were busted. The Hitachi was for a 81:rolleyes: . The front u-joints are bad. But the only rust is on the drivers rocker panel.

thelineup.jpg

my89rx.jpg

my84brat.jpg

That's an impressive line-up. 14" Pugs on the RX?

Yup, they are. I think I have a broken shock in the rear, its sagging and sometimes rubs.

I'll have some more pics of the Brat coming. I have some things to install and I plan on polishing and buffing it.

gotta love a black rx

Can someone explain to me this: Is a Subaru RX a pretty rare vehicle. I live in Tennessee and I NEVER see one out on the highway. And I live ten minutes from the biggest Subaru dealer in the state.

Lookin good Rob! Gonna bring that RX of yours to WCSS8? It would be awesome to have another one there since I'll be in mine hopefully:D

I have 3 different cars I would lke to bring. The RX of course, the Brat and the Hatch. If I bring the Hatch, I'll be able to play in the mudpit. But risk breaking and having to fix it in order to get it back home. If I find another driver, I might bring 2.

Oh yeah, another issue about the Brat I forgot.

It seems the PO was doing the neighborly thing and pulled some friends out during winter. He was a little aggressive tho. Both tow hooks and mounts are completely torn off the frame rails:eek: They tried to repair it by welding and bolting them thru the bed, but it looks like he tried to do the same thing again. The mounts for the bumper and all the metal behind the roll pan are mangled. I have my work cut out for me.

I think you need to repaint the hatch so it doesn't get jealous being the only one not in the pics.

You can just see it behind the trike in the Brat pic:D

Good new for the RX. Passed emissions and got new plates for it.

Its finally legal and on the road after 2.5yrs:headbang: