Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HELP ME!! questions ea82 wagon

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MaroonDuneDoom

MaroonDuneDoom

Stick It To The Man!!!

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • Casper,Wy

Posted 27 October 2003 - 01:24 PM

here's one for all you ea82ers, how do i access the wiper motors? also, what weight of oil do i put in my manual tranny?

#2 Dennis

Dennis

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Price

Posted 27 October 2003 - 01:54 PM

The wiper motor is located under the hood on the very top of the firewall, driver's side. As for manual gear oil, 80-90W oil should do the trick.

#3 EmmCeeBee

EmmCeeBee

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • SW Washington

Posted 27 October 2003 - 03:46 PM

Yep, what Dennis said :D

Can I hijack this thread???? I've got a third "where-is-it" question for a wagon.....

Where's the switch for the tailgate light? When you open the tailgate, the interior light comes on. I've searched the door, the sill, the jambs, the slide bumpers, the hinges, the latch, everything. I've poked and pulled and pushed on anything and everything I can find back there, and I can't make the light go off manually.

On each side door, the rubber-covered contact switch is obvious. No such contraption on the tailgate!!!!

Where's the switch????

-- Mark

#4 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,087 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 27 October 2003 - 04:21 PM

I think there are little plates on each side of the tailgate opening (close to the upper corner of the taillights) they should slide up and down a bit... (down when the gate is closed) I think if you push them BOTH down the lights should go off.

#5 EmmCeeBee

EmmCeeBee

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • SW Washington

Posted 27 October 2003 - 06:07 PM

Flow --

Yeh, I've done that, a hundred times, both at once. Still no effect.

By the way, the light's working properly, it doesn't need fixing. It's just one of those things that I wanta know how it works so I can pounce on it when it eventually breaks.....

When opening the tailgate, it's the first 1/2 inch of travel that operates the switch, so even if it's the slide bumpers, it's probably a hair-trigger thing that I'm missing.

-- Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users