Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EA81 Front suspension swap

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 carfreak85

carfreak85

EA81T Sherpa

• Members
  • 4,758 posts
  • Bell-something...

Posted 27 October 2003 - 11:49 PM

Ok I've heard that swapping an EA82 front suspension onto a EA81 chassis can be done with some hassle. I know that a few people have done this and i would like to hear from them how it could be replicated.

#2 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,534 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 28 October 2003 - 12:43 PM

you will have to cut away part of the lower control arm mount from the ea82 crossmember and weld it behind the mount on the ea81 crossmember. this woll locate the ea82 lower control arm back farther, to make up for the curvature. if you put the ea82 lower control arm with out first swapping the mount, your axles will grind on the frame, and they will hyper extend on extreme suspension travel. once the swap is done, you will have to use the ea82 axle

there is a diagram by rguyver floating around, but i dont know where to look it up!

on my installation, i used the ea82 strut, knuckle, and spring, and it all fits with a modified ea81 strut cap. you will have to swap in ea82 inner and outer tierods, but i had to modify ea81 because i had a manual rack.

you can also put in ea82 rear trailing arms, if you trim them up a bit

#3 carfreak85

carfreak85

EA81T Sherpa

• Members
  • 4,758 posts
  • Bell-something...

Posted 29 October 2003 - 08:38 PM

got pics? i really would like to see what this looks like! rguyver, where are you?

#4 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,534 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 30 October 2003 - 02:24 PM

if you wouldnt ming going to bonners ferry idaho, you can take a peep under my wagon. i'm sorry for my lack of a camera with most of my work!
some of it is still yet to be believed!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users