Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

2001 Forester Steel Wheels on 98 Outback?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_97svx_*

Guest_97svx_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2003 - 01:01 PM

I have been looking for steel wheels to use with snow tires on 98 Outback but have not located any. I am now considering wheels from a 2001 Forester. The bolt pattern is the same but the offset is different. Will they work or should I keep looking?

Thanks,

Matt

#2 Guest_Subie Gal_*

Guest_Subie Gal_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2003 - 01:47 PM

it'll work...

with the exception of the svx
you can swap most any OE subaru wheels with no issues at all...

i know the Impreza guys run the steelies w/snows...

i ran the 15" OE steelies on my Legacy GT w/no worries.

hope this helps...
Jamie
www.subiegal.com

#3 Guest_gbhrps_*

Guest_gbhrps_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2003 - 08:04 PM

Subie Gal, where are you located? I have a set of steel wheels, plastic wheel covers, with very new Bridgestone Blizzaks ice grip tires for sale from my 97 OB. The tires have only 10 000 km on them at most (2 seasons). I traded the car with its summer tires and mags, and was keeping the winter setup for my next OB purchase, but the 15 inch wheels will not fit the 02 OB I ended up with.

#4 Guest_svxpert_*

Guest_svxpert_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2003 - 08:25 PM

gbhrps, if your near the east coast, I might be interested. :rolleyes:

#5 Guest_Chip Hedrick_*

Guest_Chip Hedrick_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2003 - 08:44 PM

If svxpert doesn't buy them, I'm interested as well.

#6 Guest_gbhrps_*

Guest_gbhrps_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2003 - 06:41 PM

I'm located in Southern Ontario, Canada, about 50 miles from Detroit, and might be willing to transport half way, depending on logistics.

#7 Guest_hocrest_*

Guest_hocrest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2003 - 08:04 PM

I'll be third in line...

I smell a road trip

What size?

#8 Guest_svxpert_*

Guest_svxpert_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2003 - 09:06 PM

hey gbhrps, how much are you looking to get for the tires and wheels? can you send me a pic of the tread pattern? thanks

subarueast@yahoo.com

#9 Guest_gbhrps_*

Guest_gbhrps_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2003 - 07:07 PM

My apologies to the moderator! This thread should now be in the For Sale /Wanted section, but has developed a life of its own. This will be my last post here, as a courtesy. (svxpert, Chip Hedrick, hocrest, please contact me at burgene@mnsi.net.)
The tires are mounted on steel wheels and are Bridgestone Blizzaks WS-15, size 205/70/R15. I'm asking $400 Cdn for everything, tires, wheels and wheel covers. The buyer will not be disappointed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users