Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2001 Forester Steel Wheels on 98 Outback?

I have been looking for steel wheels to use with snow tires on 98 Outback but have not located any. I am now considering wheels from a 2001 Forester. The bolt pattern is the same but the offset is different. Will they work or should I keep looking?

Thanks,

Matt

Guest Subie Gal

it'll work...

with the exception of the svx

you can swap most any OE subaru wheels with no issues at all...

i know the Impreza guys run the steelies w/snows...

i ran the 15" OE steelies on my Legacy GT w/no worries.

hope this helps...

Jamie

www.subiegal.com

Guest gbhrps

Subie Gal, where are you located? I have a set of steel wheels, plastic wheel covers, with very new Bridgestone Blizzaks ice grip tires for sale from my 97 OB. The tires have only 10 000 km on them at most (2 seasons). I traded the car with its summer tires and mags, and was keeping the winter setup for my next OB purchase, but the 15 inch wheels will not fit the 02 OB I ended up with.

Guest gbhrps

I'm located in Southern Ontario, Canada, about 50 miles from Detroit, and might be willing to transport half way, depending on logistics.

Guest gbhrps

My apologies to the moderator! This thread should now be in the For Sale /Wanted section, but has developed a life of its own. This will be my last post here, as a courtesy. (svxpert, Chip Hedrick, hocrest, please contact me at burgene@mnsi.net.)

The tires are mounted on steel wheels and are Bridgestone Blizzaks WS-15, size 205/70/R15. I'm asking $400 Cdn for everything, tires, wheels and wheel covers. The buyer will not be disappointed.