Ultimate Subaru Message Board

tire question

thesubarukid

I have been looking at several different tires from My Kumho Venture M/T's (27x8.5R14's) these are $87 a tire. I have found that these are really a great tire. How ever alot of people like the Walmart Liberators, they no longer make them in 14s but they do make the Uniroyal Liberator A/T size: P225/70R14's. These are only $52. So what do you all think?

I'm wheeling on a set of wal-terrains on morgan's old wagon. they've got lots of miles, and still do pretty well on dry stuff. I air them down to 15-20psi and wheel 'em on the rocks for hours. mud.......not so much, they cake up and turn into slicks real fast.

I'm wheeling on a set of wal-terrains on morgan's old wagon. they've got lots of miles, and still do pretty well on dry stuff. I air them down to 15-20psi and wheel 'em on the rocks for hours. mud.......not so much, they cake up and turn into slicks real fast.

well as wet as Washington is I think I will go with the Kumho's.:burnout:

All Terrain, Mud Terrain. BIG difference in tread pattern. The Kumho M/T will be way more aggressive. I imagine the sidewall of teh A/T isn't that thick. The kumho has a 6 ply sidewall.

if i remember correctly,the Goodyear A/Ts i had on my jeep were 3 ply sidewall.

i couldn't stand them(also didn't help that they were worn down pretty bad)

myself,i'd get the Kumho M/Ts