Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A sad day for the brumby

On my way home today I was going up a narrow winding hill, a woman was coming down too fast in her people mover. She slammed on the anchors, slid kinda sideways and totalled my front fender and door. :(

If anyone in NZ knows where I can get a driver's fender and door please let me know; there's a bit of a dent behind the door which could be fixed but the other parts are totalled.

Yeah cheerz I've been keeping an eye on trademe since I got the ute at christmas but gen 1s are pretty few and far between. There's nothing older than about '85 in the scrapyards around wgtn either.

I think most of them rusted away a few years ago.

:banghead::horse::banghead::horse::banghead::horse::banghead:

Hey!! We don't want to hear that!!:slobber:

We thought you Kiwis had plenty of older Subies....maybe on the other island?

So anyhow,if you guys really need a hand and want to cover shipping I'm sure one of us will help you out.I've got extra Gen I fenders and there's plenty of hoods around too.

Some of us here are hungry for early 70's parts.GSR's wanted!:) Or even the dual carby set-ups.;)

Oh damn. Thats a story for a really really bad dream. I understand your pain.

Poor lil brumby.

I really hope you can find some parts. The 1st gen cars really seem to be non egsistant. There may be some down south. But mine is the first gen 1 Subaru I've seen. And we brought it from down there.....

I'll keep (even more of) an eye out for some for ya.

:( Good luck.