Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4x4 vids from last week

stinky

Nope, definately in low range ... why did you think Hi?

It's very dry there ... we're in a drought, the top layer of everything is what we call "bulldust" which is a layer of very loose dust which acts very much like talc powder as a dry lubricant ... makes traction very difficult, hence the constant wheel spinning. It also nicely fills any holes in the track so what looks like a fairly even track will see you sinking a wheel into dust.

Think of driving on the softest beach sand you've ever driven on ... then make it worse again :)

Nice sedan, love the look of it. Was it in a video posted here by Subarino? Lots of blue smoke? Anyway, I know what your talking about the dust.. This bulldust moves out of the way of your tyres like it doesn't exist and you sink very fast... Makes pot holes a nightmare.

There is such thing as going slow.. But reving it makes the videos look so much better :D

dude I love people. put the lift on the 4 doors that so sweet. thats why soobs are the best.. all the cars are the same excpet the body lol. it looks sweet when you have tyour family 4 door with a 3 inch lift and big tires.. its so sick

ah, it was the dust causing all the revs and high speed... I thought it was hi range because of how fast you were moving, but it turns out you were compensating for the bad traction...

yeah, dust is the suck... one reason why I always wanted AC, so I can be the follower and roll the windows up... not so much a problem up here in the northwest where it's cooler, but down in california is got really hot...

now lets see some more vids! longer length! w00p!

--Spiffy

Nope, definately in low range ... why did you think Hi?

It's very dry there ... we're in a drought, the top layer of everything is what we call "bulldust" which is a layer of very loose dust which acts very much like talc powder as a dry lubricant ... makes traction very difficult, hence the constant wheel spinning.

Thats one sick looking sedan you got there. nice videos, too. :headbang:

QUOTE:

two more reasons it's my dream to move to australia..

1: the terrain

2: the accent...it's so cool.

Dude i'm with you there you guys down under rock but oregon does have some awesome terrain too, just not the the accent. :lol:

Thats one sick looking sedan you got there. nice videos, too. :headbang:

QUOTE:

two more reasons it's my dream to move to australia..

1: the terrain

2: the accent...it's so cool.

Dude i'm with you there you guys down under rock but oregon does have some awesome terrain too, just not the the accent. :lol:

yeah. oregon would be nice, but i can't hang with the politics of that region. i normally don't let politics run my life, but it would get to me after a while.. i'm more of a montana man.