Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ22T into Rx coupe

torxxx

Got a 91 Legacy EJ22T sedan given to me today at work. It has a bad tranny, so I'm gonna part it out. I have an adapter plate sitting around and a blown EA82T in my RX so I figure I will give it a shot.

Heres my list of what I think I need. if I forgot something, add to the list:

Wiring Harness

Adapter plate

EJ22T w/up down pipe (will that bolt to my back half of exhaust?)

EA Flywheel redrilled to EJ crank (what about just routing out the old holes a lil?)

I'm going to use a WRX clutch disc and XT6 Pressure Plate. RX already as discs in the back, so that should stop it alright with 160hp behind it?

What else have I forgot?

What are you going to do about cooling? Power steering, if you plan to keep it. A/C?

cooling: you can make the legacy radiator fit. takes a bit of triming but it works well

Power steering: i beleave it will bolt right up. i know the NA 2.2 dose. if not, it only cost me $20 to have custom hoses made for my EJ20G conversion.

A/C will not be so easy but who needs AC...

pics of my radiator @ http://www.suberdave.com

-=Suberdave=-

http://www.suberdave.com

A/C is coming off. Powersteering, shouldnt be real hard to make something work.

What all has to be trimmed to get a legacy raid in there? I got one sittin at the shop. I think I will go fit test it on a junker tommorow.

Got a 91 Legacy EJ22T sedan given to me today at work. It has a bad tranny, so I'm gonna part it out. I have an adapter plate sitting around and a blown EA82T in my RX so I figure I will give it a shot.

I like it! I thought that would be the ultimate swap for an rx!:headbang:

no progress yet. I am leaving for a month to go run my dad's commercial fishing boat. When I get back, I should have the funds to start and finish the project. I was going to start it before I left, but I'd rather just sit down for a weekend and bang it out

• 6 years later...