Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Late Sept. early Oct. OBX East Coast gathering??

OBX = Outer Banks of North Carolina.

If you've never been there you've been missing the best of the east coast for shoreline.There's nothing else like the OBX.You can drive on many sections of beach.Most locals and hardcores have bumper mounted fishing pole holders and usually a cooler mount too.You pull right up to the surf and toss your lines out,set the poles down,and open the cooler :headbang: It's a most excellent way of life.;)

Some beaches are permit required but there's many places to just hop off the road and hit the sand.

September the rates fall.And for low budget folks like myself,there's plenty of excellent campsites.One KOA comes to mind,right on the water....and at least one State Park campsite on the water too.No shortage of cheap places to stay after the summer crowd heads home.

In general,OBX has NOT been over developed!!:headbang: It is still a fairly quiet location with it's pockets of activity mostly at the northern end.You won't be without a Walmart,etc....but you may need to drive awhile to get to it depending on where you stay.

Hey,it's only a kick around thread.

If it doesn't happen then at least we get folks interested and maybe make a date for next year.

Personally,we're in for the busiest summer of our lives right now and don't have the vacation time during the busy season.For us it'll be weekend getaways this year.A fall weekend in OBX would make up for not having one of those week long+ vacations for the kids.

I'll even make a pledge. If we can get at least 10 Subarus from at least 4-5 different states I'll do everythnig in my power to drive my '78 down there.We've taken it to Carlisle (300 miles each way) so I'm not chicken to take it to NC.:-p

Waves,sand,fishing,hiking,excellent driving roads for constant scenery,off roading,crap for the women like lighthouse tours and crap like that....all in all an excellent location for all members of any family/group.

Kick it around.

Hmmm... sounds interesting.

I doubt I'd have my 79 ready for that far of a trip by then, but I could probably bring my Legacy. Hey, at least I'd be going! :-p

Would it be just a weekend thing? I could take a Friday off and head up there, spend the whole day Saturday, then come back Sunday.

I like the idea, I really do!

Would it be just a weekend thing?

Sure.If we make it happen I'll probably drive Friday night and stop somewhere just north of OBX for some sleep,then hit the surf Saturday late morning.

Just a kick around thread.

Start kickin' :)

Sounds like fun, how about Columbus Day weekend?

That could work.

That would make it a CRAZY month though, as I'm doing the Subaru challenge the 21st, and possibly a very big FL Subaru meet the weekend before Halloween.

I could still do it, I'll just hafta save my money :lol:

I'm up for this- I've never been down there but I've heard its really nice.

I'm in the same situation; between my new job and reserves this will be a "vacationless" summer. A weekend away in that time frame would be great for the wife and me. We will probably take the gl-10 down, the touring wagon is on hiatus for a new windsheid.

Firm up the dates....hope to see some people from the board!

Randy.

gunna bump dis up all summah lawng.........:-p

With this years scheduling issues we're REALLY looking forward to some weekend and extended weekend getaways....don't know about you,but the OBX is one of the most relaxing places to suck down that humonus chill pill we northeasterners need so badly.

:lol: well as long as we make it you'll meet at least 4 this time.Me,my wife,and the two kids.:)

East coast is different for the old gen crowd.

But start a rumor that you're having an Impreza/WRX/Sti meet and you're bound to cause a traffic dilema somewhere.:confused:

I will talk to my boy from up in maryland and see if he will meet me here and drive down all I can say is if it does happen the nminute you get back from there clean every square inch of your car. I took a blazer there a few years back and didn't think it would be a problem three years later the body rusted to nothing.. for the sake of your suby if you attend sweet but give your baby the care it deserves

Idea.

But I'm pretty sure we're doing a family run to OBX in the fall.

i want to head down there to try to see my dad, he does realistate down there for sun reality. but needless to say, i havent seen him in years and any excuse to go to the beach is a good one.

Bring anything that rolls under its own power.

Where are you these days?

Hey everyone. I've taken up a new temporary residence courtesy of our good 'ol Uncle Sam. I'm at Fort Gordon/Augusta, GA. Looks like I'm going to be down here for a while too. So if there is anything going on, would be interested to hear about it. Catch ya Laters.

...oh,that's where.

Can you find Billy C while you're in GA? LOL

friggin sweet.:clap: sound good to me. i thought i would have to make a trip to west coast for a meet.:confused: my subie would be ready by then. just need to get the rad. in and buy the brakes and wheel bearings. and that wont cost me much thanks to work. advance auto parts. love the discount.

now if my enkies will just get here. subie needs new shoes.

• 1 month later...