Jump to content


Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse
 

Photo
- - - - -

Repair of "center upper panel box" 66062FC520OE


  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 phatline

phatline

    New User

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:59 PM

Hi,

I've already made great use of these forums by fixing my clock (5 minutes soldering instead of buying a $64 part!).

My "center upper panel box" (i.e., the little center dash compartment) had a broken hinge. I opened it up and was able to repair what seems to be a shoddily-designed $110 part that I'm sure has failed for other folks. My repair is holding so I thought I should pass on the info. This is what we're talking about:

http://www.subarupar...ts/IMG_1285.JPG

Basically the screws of the lid hinge stripped out (and crakced open) their mounting holes on the backside of the bin. To repair, I cleaned and sanded the plastic, then applied $3 of QuikPlastik (plastic epoxy) in a heaping mound over each mount, and gingerly screwed the hinge plate back on while the epoxy was still soft (see photo).

Posted Image

I will post back if this solution doesn't stand the test of time...




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users