Ultimate Subaru Message Board

lifting blocks

Dvae here in australia, i own a 87 l series wagon, anmd wanting to know how to make some lifting blocks to raise the suspension which just bolts on top of the spring or any sugestions to raise it cheaply.

david

did you honestly not think of searching before you asked this? in the wrong forum?

try something like "homemade lift" or even just "lift" using the offroad forum.

Wow.. I'm a search Nazi and.. well..

That was just weak.

To the OP.. Try the ausubaru board for a larger group of locals in your area with lifted soobs. There are a few here too.

Welcome:)

In the rear, a horse shoe works pretty good, or at least a upside down shaped bit with a cross piece.

for the front, you're gonna wanna watch out for camber angles, cause if you don't you're gonna be burning up tires in no time.

did you honestly not think of searching before you asked this? in the wrong forum?

try something like "homemade lift" or even just "lift" using the offroad forum.

that was a little harsh

but he is right

any way welcome to the board and remember there is no such thing as a dumb question

Im not sure if BYB is still making lifts anymore... but he's the man to talk to. You can reach him on the au.subaru board. Just do a google search for BYB Subaru and you'll find their forum.

And there's no such thing as a cheap lift. Even building one yourself is gonna cost some money. I'd listen to scott, he's one of our USA lift fabricators and he should know what he's talkin about.

I believe you can use some sort of honda front springs on your rear struts to increase the rear end a couple inches. Front ends gonna be a pain, cause you'll need to put blocks ontop of your struts and if you go high enough you'll also need to drop your engine crossmember to soften the angle on your front CV's.

The Off-Road forum has most the info you need, just gotta search there.

-Brian

Wow.. I'm a search Nazi and.. well..

That was just weak.

To the OP.. Try the ausubaru board for a larger group of locals in your area with lifted soobs. There are a few here too.

Welcome:)

ahahahha, your kindding right?? They will just say, get a kit from BYB....

Here mate, my bro and I are making our own kits with 50x50mm solid alloy block (just like ausBYB's) costs us $60 a car in alloy (minus work), $65 for a blade for the cirular saw, and $95 in bolts. Then all you need is strut lifts.. We are sorta pressed for time so we got the strut lift blocks from Hi-Rise for $100 posted a pair.

If you want I can get you the blocks you need for your car (minus strut blocks and bolts) in soild alloy cut and drilled for around $90 posted to you. Then I will give you a list of the hi tensile bolts you need and you can get them thru a place like Sprints Auto. I might even be able to get you some strut lift blocks cheap too, just need a mig welder.

All up a 2" lift kit for a EA82 should only cost "me" (I would charge for work for others) about $260.. about $80 for my work on it, $40 post around Aus.. And that's better then paying like $460 I'd say. But trust me, if you have a few tools and are willing to do the work, you can get it heaps cheaper.. I am not interested in doing this as a job, just would like to help some locals out I guess. As for getting it registed, you'd have to do that on your own, it should work out ok, but you never know.

Anyway, if your interested, email my or something and we'll chat.