Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rear disc brake swap.

Remember when we talked about this Jon? It's way worth it! Good luck! :grin:

hey bud yeah i remember. i just remember you talking about '85 turbos is all. wanted to know what other years are interchangeable. gonna need brakes soon so i figure i may as well swap while i'm at it. and keep all that info comming guys! i think i'll add the valve. i haven't heard one person state that adding it will ************ ************ up so on it goes. rather put it on now than later. :headbang:

Where and how would you install this valve in an EA81? Pics?

I mounted it using it's stock bracket from the EA82 to one of the mounting holes for the Brat's fuel pump shelf.... but the Brat's fuel pump is located in a different spot than the other EA81's... basically the bracket just has two holes, and you need to find a spot for it. The hard lines I used from the donor car - I pulled as many of the hard lines from the rear of the car as I could get - as well as the couplers and stuff. They bend real easily to fit wherever you decide to put the valve. I just routed the lines as best I could and zip-tied them. I'm sure with more time and effort you could make new lines, and do a more proffessional job of routing. I can get pics of mine if you like, but again - it's a Brat so it's different under there.

GD

• Like 1

• 9 years later...

Yes, I know this is a...

holythreadresurrection.jpg

...but regarding this:

just by the way, all ea82's have a valve that varies pressure to the rear brake assemblies ...

I've never heard of this valve. Perhaps you're confusing it with the hill holder?

That is the Proportioning Valve, the EA82's has it hiding on the Rear undercarriage:

BumbleBeast%20Proportioning%20Valve.jpg

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

I mounted it using it's stock bracket from the EA82 to one of the mounting holes for the Brat's fuel pump shelf.... but the Brat's fuel pump is located in a different spot than the other EA81's... basically the bracket just has two holes, and you need to find a spot for it. The hard lines I used from the donor car - I pulled as many of the hard lines from the rear of the car as I could get - as well as the couplers and stuff. They bend real easily to fit wherever you decide to put the valve. I just routed the lines as best I could and zip-tied them. I'm sure with more time and effort you could make new lines, and do a more proffessional job of routing. I can get pics of mine if you like, but again - it's a Brat so it's different under there.

GD

GD, if you don't mind, post some pics of this, I didn't get the valve when I did my swap.  

Now I am wondering how hard this is going to be to find.

GD, if you don't mind, post some pics of this, I didn't get the valve when I did my swap.  

Now I am wondering how hard this is going to be to find.

November 15th 2014 was the last time GeneralDisorder was online Dinky26, sorry to let your hopes down.... :(

Yes, I know this is a...

holythreadresurrection.jpg

...but regarding this:

That is the Proportioning Valve, the EA82's has it hiding on the Rear undercarriage:

BumbleBeast%20Proportioning%20Valve.jpg

Kind Regards.

Thank you for that Loyale 2.7 Turbo, saw that the other day and i couldn't figure out what it was, knew it was brake related but was still confused. i appreciate your post. Edited by Subasaurus
  • Like 1