Ultimate Subaru Message Board

crankshaft pulley interchange?

hey folks, i just had to replace the eccentric roll pin that holds the crankshaft accessory pulley in place. Unfortunately, i was intelligent enough to hammer the new pin in place with the pulley sitting on the concrete.. and of course, i cracked the lip about 3" along the diameter. needless to say, i need a new pulley now.. but my question is, what engine/vehicles can i get one from?

I have an 87 GL-10, with a 1.8liter, SPFI non turbo pancake..... it is an ea82 i believe... I dont know how much luck im going to have finding a subbie of this vintage in any of my local boneyards at all, so ANY info anyone might have on what pulleys i could potentially use would be GREATLY appreciated. I deliver pizzas for a living, and i had no choice but to reassemble the thing as is, and must drive on it until I repair it or it breaks. the dealer quoted me $147 for a new pulley, and thats just, no.

thanks in advance for the help.

shawn

thats about what i figured, but i wanted some confirmation from those who know subaru motors better than i.

incidentally, has everyone here noticed that subaru spelled backwards is U R A BUS? my dad bought an xt6 new in 1989 and was tempted to get that as a license plate, but never did. of course, that was my first thought on getting this car...

well, im gonna check my local junkyards first, but thanks for the offer. I'll bear that in mind if I am still looking in a few days, otherwise id rather not bother with the hassle of shipping a piece of iron halfway across the continent.. but it sure beats dealer new price, whatever it could be :- )

well, im gonna check my local junkyards first, but thanks for the offer. I'll bear that in mind if I am still looking in a few days, otherwise id rather not bother with the hassle of shipping a piece of iron halfway across the continent.. but it sure beats dealer new price, whatever it could be :- )

I think i have one from a turbo car sitting in the garage somewhere. No roll pin ;). It didn't come with one. I have a lighter pulley from an NA car on there now with roll pin and such)

Anyway, the turbo pulley is yours if you want it.