Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Disty Covers

TheSubaruJunkie

Since we were talking about snorkels and all, i thought it would be a good idea to bring up the rubber disty cover. Toyota 22R's have a rubber boot that covers the distributor cap.

I found one in the junkyard, and it's almost a perfect fit. All you need to do is cut a small section away to clear the vacuum advance. Here's one I found on ebay, there are a few others listed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Pickup-Truck-4Runner-22R-22RE-DISTRIBUTOR-COVER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33550QQitemZ8072427399QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

:)

-Brian

Since we were talking about snorkels and all, i thought it would be a good idea to bring up the rubber disty cover. Toyota 22R's have a rubber boot that covers the distributor cap.

I found one in the junkyard, and it's almost a perfect fit. All you need to do is cut a small section away to clear the vacuum advance. Here's one I found on ebay, there are a few others listed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Pickup-Truck-4Runner-22R-22RE-DISTRIBUTOR-COVER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33550QQitemZ8072427399QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

:)

-Brian

I find that the rubber caps just hold the water IN ! i have found the best thing is to silicone the cap down and put some around the end of the plugs as you push the wires down and use a good amount of contact greese so the ends dont rust up , a nother good idea is to put a hose in the drane hole on the bottem of the dist. and plum it in to the air intake or out of the way of any water . Happy SUBING :)

I did the silicone trick, and it worked pretty good. But 1st time I had to remove the cap I ruined my silicone job. The boot is simple and ive never ran into problems.

I also ran a piece of hose from the vent, but instead of running it to the air intake I ran it to a clear fuel filter.

-Brian

I did the silicone trick, and it worked pretty good. But 1st time I had to remove the cap I ruined my silicone job. The boot is simple and ive never ran into problems.

I also ran a piece of hose from the vent, but instead of running it to the air intake I ran it to a clear fuel filter.

-Brian

i just keep a tube of silicone in my sube all the time just in case i have to do a durt build engine on the trail also high temp header paint works well for reuseing the head gaskets and exhost gaskets :lol: no realy i have had to do it before:banana: