Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Disty Covers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,920 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:08 AM

Since we were talking about snorkels and all, i thought it would be a good idea to bring up the rubber disty cover. Toyota 22R's have a rubber boot that covers the distributor cap.

I found one in the junkyard, and it's almost a perfect fit. All you need to do is cut a small section away to clear the vacuum advance. Here's one I found on ebay, there are a few others listed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW

:)
-Brian

#2 soobmater

soobmater

Got Mud?

• Members
  • 1,668 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:12 AM

who is this "we" here :banana: :lol: :-p

I'm gona have to get one of them, actually 2 for my 85, and the new 84 :-D

#3 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,920 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:13 AM

We, as in the USMB :P

http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=59228

-Brian

#4 rguyver

rguyver

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Kelowna B.C. Canada

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:31 AM

Since we were talking about snorkels and all, i thought it would be a good idea to bring up the rubber disty cover. Toyota 22R's have a rubber boot that covers the distributor cap.

I found one in the junkyard, and it's almost a perfect fit. All you need to do is cut a small section away to clear the vacuum advance. Here's one I found on ebay, there are a few others listed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW

:)
-Brian

I find that the rubber caps just hold the water IN ! i have found the best thing is to silicone the cap down and put some around the end of the plugs as you push the wires down and use a good amount of contact greese so the ends dont rust up , a nother good idea is to put a hose in the drane hole on the bottem of the dist. and plum it in to the air intake or out of the way of any water . Happy SUBING :)

#5 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,920 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:48 AM

I did the silicone trick, and it worked pretty good. But 1st time I had to remove the cap I ruined my silicone job. The boot is simple and ive never ran into problems.

I also ran a piece of hose from the vent, but instead of running it to the air intake I ran it to a clear fuel filter.

-Brian

#6 rguyver

rguyver

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Kelowna B.C. Canada

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:53 AM

I did the silicone trick, and it worked pretty good. But 1st time I had to remove the cap I ruined my silicone job. The boot is simple and ive never ran into problems.

I also ran a piece of hose from the vent, but instead of running it to the air intake I ran it to a clear fuel filter.

-Brian

i just keep a tube of silicone in my sube all the time just in case i have to do a durt build engine on the trail also high temp header paint works well for reuseing the head gaskets and exhost gaskets :lol: no realy i have had to do it before:banana:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users