Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Evans Creek Off ROad Vehicle Park 4X4 run July 8-9?

I'm plannin' on heading up there with whoever will go along. I'm sure my buddy in his FJ and my buddy with his Forerunner will probably come too. Which means his two buddies from work with their Jeep and Ford ranger. We all will have others in our rigs. So that means it'll be a party too.

I intend to go up there on Saturday afternoon to set up camp and hang out. Plannin on doing most of the wheeling on Sunday.

We camp at the top of 510 or at the end of the far right finger on 320. 6000ft +, overlooking one hell of a view.

Who's in?

EC_Map.jpg

Sounds like fun; I've been looking to get back there for a while; I'll try to make the weekend.

I'm plannin' on heading up there with whoever will go along. I'm sure my buddy in his FJ and my buddy with his Forerunner will probably come too. Which means his two buddies from work with their Jeep and Ford ranger. We all will have others in our rigs. So that means it'll be a party too.

I intend to go up there on Saturday afternoon to set up camp and hang out. Plannin on doing most of the wheeling on Sunday.

We camp at the top of 510 or at the end of the far right finger on 320. 6000ft +, overlooking one hell of a view.

Who's in?

EC_Map.jpg

If I'm there, its going to be a B-Day Party:headbang:

Oh, wait. I quit celebrating about 15yrs ago:rolleyes:

Hell yeah, I want to go. Not sure if my winch will be going yet, hopefully I wont need it.

My b-day is on the 10th, so it'll be a b-day party too.

Found the back way up today in my Brat. Its very steep grade but its crushed rock. It was like a hiway. I went up 4mi before I had to stop and emtpy a few clips:brow:

Then ran short on time and had to head back. The road to the trail is all paved, not like the upper road. I did 50mph average. Coming back down the trail I hit 50 in a few spots. I was able to make it back to Bonney Lk in 1/2hr. The only prob I see with this is the fact that its paved, which means lots of traffic. Not to mention better/easier access for the County Mounty. (Who I happened to see on the way out). So its almost a sure bet that this point of entry to Evans Crk will also be watched:mad: You wont find this on the ORV map btw, I asked a Ranger about it. He said it was very muddy and suggested I not go that route(as he looked over my shoulder to see what I was driving) I didnt say anything about it, just went uh huh, ok. Never touched 4wd and ran the steep grade in 2nd gear. Looking forward to going all the way soon.

So it's looking like a lot of rigs so far.

Me in my Toy

Rob in his Hatch

My buddy Brian in his FJ

His Roomie in his Range Rover

His other roomie in his Range Rover (the lotus is too low) lol

Brian's buddy with a Toy

Edrach's imp

His neighbor in his Toy

My buddy Delian in his 4runner

His buddy in his Cherokee

Sean from Rallitek in my OBS?

Tex?

Noah?

Come on up in your Soobs!! Show all these silly Toyotas what's up! If your rig isn't trail ready, there's bound to be a seat or two open for passengers.

the engine i put in the car has a wicked rod knock, so i'm gonna clean the oil pickkup screen, on the urging of the guys i bought it from, and if that dosn't fix it, i'll be getting a new one.

hopefully i'll have her ready, but no promises.

• 2 weeks later...
I need to put my fender flares on, hopefully the other stuff not road legal wont net me to big a ticket if I get stopped:rolleyes: The winch is going to have to wait a while to be installed. Just hope I dont need it:-p

I have one and it's all hooked up. I'm headed out to the cabin this weekend to get familiar with it.

How trail-ready does a soob need to be? All I've got to run up there since I sold my lifted wagon is a stock brat with dual range and 14" pugs on street tires. Try and run it or just park at the trailhead??? Anyone have some tires I could borrow :brow: j/k.

- Erik - Tacoma, WA -

Cool, forgot yours was right after mine. A double b-day get together.

I'm thinking of doing some reconoitering today, nothing heavy tho.

What is it about early July and birthdays. Jeanne's b'day is the 5th....a little late to party but that's okay. We should be there with the camper and I'll hitch a ride with others unless I bring the Brat along.

Erik, come on up. Theres plenty of roads for stock stuff and there should be enough seats to ride along with someone on the gnarly stuff. I should have a seat open:brow:

Sweet deal on both sides (for stock rigs/seat open) - I have work both days but can cruise on up on sunday after work in Puyallup which will be around 12 or so? Get in contact with someone and meet you guys up there?

- Erik - Tacoma, WA -

so whats the plan? anyone going at a particular time?

I never did any repairs to my car.. but its still driveable, and I have the motorcycle all fixed up in case of a car-tastrophy (so i can get to work, blah blah)

I might be down to show up for part of one of the days.. maybe run the imp up 311 or something :brow:

I'm planning on meeting up at Zap's around noon and following him in with our camper. I haven't decided yet if I'm taking the Imp also.

so whats the plan? anyone going at a particular time?

I never did any repairs to my car.. but its still driveable, and I have the motorcycle all fixed up in case of a car-tastrophy (so i can get to work, blah blah)

I might be down to show up for part of one of the days.. maybe run the imp up 311 or something :brow: