Ultimate Subaru Message Board

factory alloy offsets

Guest subarustyles

hi there.....I got a guestion for you new-gen guys....I read that new forrester alloys have a 48mm offset,Impreza stocks have a 52mm.........can any one list and confirm offsets on alloys for the forrester,legacy,baja,impreza models.......I want some stock alloys for winter/rally rims but I can't go more than a 48-50mm offset.

thanks,

Brad

Guest Setright

I am with Josh, most likely more than 48mm. Probably 55mm.

Can't be sure whether it's for suspension design purity or because Subaru wants to force us to buy OE rims...

Guest UltimateRX

I agree, most Subaru 5 bolt pattern wheels are greater the 48mm, this is one reason why it is so hard to find aftermarket wheels for Subarus. You can find a lot of 5X100mm bolt patterned wheels out there, but most of them are 42mm or less offset. Since it looks like you are putting these on an EA82 series car, it would probably be better to go with an aftermarket wheel since I'm sure you are using XT6 suspension parts for your conversion. One thing you might take into consideration is that with a smaller offset, the wheel will actually stick farther out of the wheel well. If my latest idea on the 5 bolt conversion works out, you may be able to use all the stock Subaru wheels no matter what the offset. It will only involve a few parts swapped out.