Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Muffler Upgrade Suggestions??

What is a good upgrade muffler for the EA82?

I need to replace it soon , so I figured I would see if anyone has any suggestions. I just want better flow, not noise. I'm looking for something with the right dimensions to fit with minimal tweaking.

Just the muffler. Cali won't let me touch anything else.

I found the bomb muffler for ea82s. I ordered it from Summit Racing. It's a Thrush Mini-Turbo muffler or something like that, and costs less than $20. The center/offset one fits pefectly into the stock muffler location, gives you more ground clearance, flows better, and has a similar volume to the stock muffler but with a deeper tone that I find very pleasing.

I use a 2" Raptor II muffler, which is a great muffler at about $20...

It's still a muffler, but makes the low end a little bit more audible and doesn't sound like a raspy glasspack.

There are glasspacks out there that are pretty good on our subes, some would be:

Thrush muffler

Flowmaster

Purple Hornies

Cherry bomb

See what other people have, and decide from there. Or try and catch some sound clips on the net of an interesting muffler.

i hacked one of the inlets off a cherry bomb, and put it right at the rear bumper, inplace of the stock one. 2inch in and out. at the rear of the car they are pretty quiet, but right after the y, my buddies brat was just another loud subaru.

under 20bucks is the best part