Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Resurrect an XT6 party?

Well, my best bud has plans this Sunday, when we had originally planned to fix the remainder of the suspension on the 6.

I was just wondering if a couple Seattle/Everett-ites versed in general suspension work might be interested in helping me finish off the suspension conversion.

One rear shock is completely done, I have all the parts needed for the conversion.

Left to be done:

Flip the top mount of the remaining rear shock back to the ORIGINAL position, then remove old rear shock and mount new shock.

Remove both front struts, take the strut tops off and install them on Legacy struts, widen the knuckle mounts on the struts, then reinstall.

I have air tools, so this should hopefully be quick... I'd like it if one or two people showed up to help. If someone has widened the knuckle mounts before, I'm especially interested in hearing from you.

I'll buy pizza and soda for your troubles...

Anyone?

Yo Yo. I've put those mad tyte LeGacY Struts (actually they were IMPREZA) on my RX when I had it.

I couldn't find a decent way to w i d e n the mounts, so I ended up using a grinder and grinding about 1/8" off the spindle thing.

Yes, this IS relevant because I had xt6 spindles and suspension on my RX for the totally awesome 5 Lug wheels.

PS. 18's don't fit... try 20's dawg!!

Yo Yo. I've put those mad tyte LeGacY Struts (actually they were IMPREZA) on my RX when I had it.

I couldn't find a decent way to w i d e n the mounts, so I ended up using a grinder and grinding about 1/8" off the spindle thing.

Yes, this IS relevant because I had xt6 spindles and suspension on my RX for the totally awesome 5 Lug wheels.

PS. 18's don't fit... try 20's dawg!!

and which extremely expensive tool do I need to buy to do this?

Sure, bring it down. I've done the conversion on mine, got all the tools too.

Neither road worthy nor registered, but thanks anyway. :)

Neither road worthy nor registered, but thanks anyway. :)

that's your problem, you let minor things get in the way of progress!!!!!!

you'll get large fines and tickets, but they let you off when you get to court and knock the fines down to nothing. sometimes they even let you go.

You ought to see him in person when he talks lke that:lol:

All you need to spread the flanges is a couple of vise grips and muscle. Use a soft blow hammer to get it on the strut. Might be a pain to get the holes lined up at first, but its not that bad.