Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 headlight upgrade, the s_s way (56k , no)

well i have always hated the headlights on my cars, since i drive at night all the time... so now I decided to change things

so here's some pics

i found a big box on my doorstep tonight

box.jpg

it came from somewhere weird :rolleyes:

german.jpg

and inside

ecodes.jpg

i got 2 pair of pristine german euro headlights (aka e codes)..why?

1) better beam pattern ( yes there are off a LHD car)

2) they use H4 buls:banana: :banana: !! no more crappy 9004's (little FYI, absolutly no cars in europe us 9004/9007 bulbs)

so here is what the setup will be: ecodes, Osram +50% H4 bulbs (from europe too), and relay the hi/low beams. this shoud greatly improve light output.

here's some more pics

Look, no nipples

rear housing (plastic)

H4 bulb

h4, or 9003 bulbs are better than the 9004 bulbs.

cant wait to see some before and after action pics of the set up man.

id like to find something like the morrette headlights on the impreza, where the high and low beams are seperate and one set is a projector. i think that might look cool on the old school cars.

Nice Headlights! :)

Just a Pair of Questions: Did those came on Europe´s Subies? or they was an Option There?

I agree that 9004 bulbs Sucks! :-\ That´s why I use the 9104 (Rally) on my Subies Instead. But they´re Hard to Find.

I´ll like to see pictures of your cars with those nice Headlights, Could you Post ´em Here?

Nice Headlights! :)

Just a Pair of Questions: Did those came on Europe´s Subies? or they was an Option There?

I agree that 9004 bulbs Sucks! :-\ That´s why I use the 9104 (Rally) on my Subies Instead. But they´re Hard to Find.

I´ll like to see pictures of your cars with those nice Headlights, Could you Post ´em Here?

where did you find the rally bulbs?? my stock lights are crap and anything better would be wonderful.

aren't there h4 conversions available for our stock housing?

not for the ea82 composite lights, the make H4 conversions for those round & square sealed beam lights the dl's, ea81's, etc have.

old L serries parts are hard to come by in germany..i was I was completely amazed at how clear/clean the glass was on the ones i got...it pays to have friends in germany ;)

where did you find the rally bulbs?? my stock lights are crap and anything better would be wonderful.

Well... I Use the "Flösser" 9104 High Beam Headlights... You can try here:

www.flosser.com

To see more about, and Images, see this thread:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?p=474888#post474888

:D