Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cant find rims to save my life. **FOUND EM!**

TheSubaruJunkie

Nah, I don't think there'll ever be a twin of the Snafubaru. All that custom bodywork by BF Stump and Associates would be hard to replicate! I did have it out for some abuse a few weeks ago (very fun.) Impressed some kids with big rigs. Had to drive it through the woods get around them and then pulled one out and didn't even fry my clutch.

If you mount a Imp scoop, I'd say face it backwards so it does some good, letting heat out. Facing normal direction, I really don't think it sucks much cool air in. If I get around to it, I'll be turning my scoop around or doing a cowl hood like Qman's or maybe I'll just jack up the rear of the hood.

Well back to wheel painting topic... Happy paint fume huffin Brian, taker' easy and hope the paint sticks.

Completely understandable Mike.

Back to the rims. Anyone have any ideas how to quickly remove the dust and grime thats built up? Obviously, i dont care about preserving the finish as I'll be repainting them :)

I was thinking of using sandpaper, but man... thats alot of sanding and theres a couple spots its going to be pretty tough to get to.

-Brian

spray some of the "Gunk" engine degreaser on it, let that sit, and then pressure wash them either with your own pressure washer, or at a car wash.....also, simple green is pretty strong stuff if you get the non-diluted kind. just spray that on, use a hand brush to get into the spots the best you can, then wash....those are just a couple obvious ideas.