Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Elbe Hills reservations...

Rooinater

another thing off the nw-wheelers board. no reservation, no camping. it's a requirement.

http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2198

The combo lock system will allow those groups with reservations to come and go as they wish without having to leave a gatekeeper due to limited keys. Users will be directly accountable to the DNR and in turn the DNR will be better informed as to the usage and needs in the ORV system.

Reservations will be made through the DNR SPS Region 360-825-1631. I will likely be the one handling reservations unless I am out of the area. Information required will be Name, Address, phone, email address, number of campsites/RV sites needed, nights needed. The campground will be full once group needs make capacity. Nobody is guaranteed to have the entire place to themselves. I would like feedback whether groups should reserve certain sites or whether it should be first come first serve once reservations are made. If a forest or camp watch is established, I would reserve one side of the shelter for this group.

There is currently room for six RVs in the main parking area. There are ten complete tent campsites, with three parking areas which can accommodate a couple of campers/trailers each.

Hope this clears things up. With the system in place we have currently over this weekend, it seems unreasonable for a group to go to the effort of planning and getting the key, but having to open the site to everyone before the needs of their own group are met. Inside and outside of the gate, people can stand to have been nicer to each other.

Nancy Barker

South Puget Sound Region

Public Use Forester 2, Elbe Hills/Tahoma

office: 360-825-1631

cell: 253-312-4301