Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new swap in the drive way... RX-RA

suberdave

5th injector is to homologate (sp?) early generation antilag in the rally cars.. when you put the rally ecu in or custom management the antilag activates and keeps the lovely but laggy vf22 or such spooled when you take your foot off the gas..in this way you didn't have to alter the sequential injection map to perform the function..

5th injector is to homologate (sp?) early generation antilag in the rally cars.. when you put the rally ecu in or custom management the antilag activates and keeps the lovely but laggy vf22 or such spooled when you take your foot off the gas..in this way you didn't have to alter the sequential injection map to perform the function..

its not a vf22 its a TDO5H turbo... just for the recoard.

-=Suberdave=-

http://www.suberdave.com

i am hoping to get ahold of a ver5 sti swap for my gc8.
Ok, time to open school again, GC8 is for a WRX, I'd be willing to bet that you have a GC6 or a GC something. I know everyone calls the first and second gen Imprezas GC8s, but that is wrong, the GC part is correct, but the number '8' is for WRXs.

Ok, time to open school again, GC8 is for a WRX, I'd be willing to bet that you have a GC6 or a GC something. I know everyone calls the first and second gen Imprezas GC8s, but that is wrong, the GC part is correct, but the number '8' is for WRXs.

yep... so before anyone else makes this mistake, please review your VIN number, and then you will know the correct engine/body designation of your car, and thus not upsetting Dr RX ;)

mine is a GF2 (1st gen wagon, EJ18)

anywho, that will be one cool swap! do you think you are getting it done before the show??

and last i have herd that if you buy the $400 group N rally chip it then puts it to use.

Hmm, you will have to let me know if you find out more about this. I have the 95 Ver2 Sti RA swap in my legacy complete with mystery 5th injector.

And great to hear your putting a similar setup in an RX. woo hoo

Hmm, you will have to let me know if you find out more about this. I have the 95 Ver2 Sti RA swap in my legacy complete with mystery 5th injector.

And great to hear your putting a similar setup in an RX. woo hoo

here is a pic of the chip goes. this is an ECU from a 95 Ver2 Sti RA my ECU dose not have a chip here at all. (the one with the sticker on it)

STi_RA_ECU_Chip_2.JPG

Pic from XSNRG

-=Suberdave=-

http://www.suberdave.com

technically i have a gm6, but its easier than saying "2000 subaru impreza 2.5 rs 2 door coupe" but for ease of imagining the car, its easier to just call it a gc*

i know its not a gc8, but one day it will be, i hope.i am hopinhg to go as far as full conversion, including interior and rhd. thats if i even keep an interior in the car, i might install a cage and run it as a track car. dont know yet what the future holds for me and my cars.

technically i have a gm6, but its easier than saying "2000 subaru impreza 2.5 rs 2 door coupe" but for ease of imagining the car, its easier to just call it a gc*

i know its not a gc8, but one day it will be, i hope.i am hopinhg to go as far as full conversion, including interior and rhd. thats if i even keep an interior in the car, i might install a cage and run it as a track car. dont know yet what the future holds for me and my cars.

What is really strange is that for WRXs, they are GC if they are sedans or coupes, the number of doors is elsewhere in the model number, unlike USDM cars where GC is a sedan, GF is a wagon, and GM is a coupe.

What is really strange is that for WRXs, they are GC if they are sedans or coupes, the number of doors is elsewhere in the model number, unlike USDM cars where GC is a sedan, GF is a wagon, and GM is a coupe.

when i was first getting into cars, i got into arguments about the sillyness of the car codes. but then again, that was years ago when i knew very little.