Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Naches Pass and surrounding area

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 uncoolperson

uncoolperson

Idiot with a screwdriver

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • B-ham

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:27 AM

probably first weekend in aug (a thursday night through monday sorta thing)

a few co-worker some of his Isuzu buddies (and yoto), and me are planning a trip through naches pass, and other pointless playing around in the area..

i will post a link to his Isuzu board when i get the address, as this is mostly being orginized there (i left the logistics up to my co-worker, as he used to be my supervisor... so it's his problem)

Anyone want to go travel a wagon trail... (we need a wagon on this trip!):headbang:

#2 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,086 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:58 AM

My Summer is screwed, but you guys should try to make it to Evans Creek on July 8th and 9th. You could go there Thursday - Monday too.

The Nachees Trail is pretty cool, I've done it a few times in Soobies.

#3 uncoolperson

uncoolperson

Idiot with a screwdriver

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • B-ham

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:45 PM

and here's the link
http://www.4x4wire.c...=5&o=14&fpart=1

#4 djkindt

djkindt

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:11 PM

I used to ride dirtbikes there ALL the time. What a cool place. Now I sold my dirtbike for college money, but I have a subie!! Sounds like fun

and here's the link
http://www.4x4wire.c...=5&o=14&fpart=1

#5 scrap487

scrap487

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • Government Camp

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:59 PM

I'm in. hopefully by then I'll have at least rebuilt my engine and tranny, even if I dont have my married tcase/tranny setup finished yet(shhhhh... its a secret :brow: ). so cross your fingers for my wagon, if my wagon cant make it my nissan 720 will, which is stock but is armored and will have good tires.

#6 uncoolperson

uncoolperson

Idiot with a screwdriver

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • B-ham

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:26 PM

it's getting close(and we're starting to lay down plans), for anyone that might be showing up where do you want us to meet you, phone numbers/cb channel you want us to pay attention to...(we should be doing 4 & 7, if you're curious why check out the link above)

come on, lets show these trucks what a few cars can do!

#7 uncoolperson

uncoolperson

Idiot with a screwdriver

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • B-ham

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:27 PM

anyone?

going once, going twice...

#8 djkindt

djkindt

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:15 AM

I'd love to, but I don't think I'll be lifted or have tires by then. We'll see.

anyone?

going once, going twice...

#9 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,583 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 22 July 2006 - 10:24 AM

I'd love to, but I don't think I'll be lifted or have tires by then. We'll see.

if your serious the club can have you ready by then, isnt shcool going to be out , with all us working on it you can make it, use those tires you brought by and this week we will build the lift parts

#10 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,086 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 22 July 2006 - 10:37 AM

if your serious the club can have you ready by then, isnt shcool going to be out , with all us working on it you can make it, use those tires you brought by and this week we will build the lift parts

We lifted a brat and had it back on its wheels in 4 hours once. (pre-made kit)

#11 djkindt

djkindt

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 22 July 2006 - 10:47 AM

It's like a subaru support group! :brow: I'll see if maybe I can get those tires from the other guy this weekend, and we'll see how that goes. Thanks Scott!
Dylan
PS. Are you thinking of going??

#12 uncoolperson

uncoolperson

Idiot with a screwdriver

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • B-ham

Posted 22 July 2006 - 11:18 AM

It's like a subaru support group! :brow: I'll see if maybe I can get those tires from the other guy this weekend, and we'll see how that goes. Thanks Scott!
Dylan
PS. Are you thinking of going??

ohhh.. geez now i HAVE TO NO MATTER WHAT make it out wednesday...

any other days let me know!

#13 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,583 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:57 PM

Are you thinking of going??

i will be gone that weekend to a reunion

#14 subaruguru

subaruguru

Oldschool Cool

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • Yakima Wa,

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:11 AM

hey id realy like to go i just got a new 86 soob wagon and i put new front struts in it i got a cb and pretty good off road tires nothin specail tho would i need a lift kit i have been planin to get one or make one but dont have the money but id really like to take my new wagon on her maden voyage :slobber: can any one help?

#15 DualCarb'84

DualCarb'84

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Bellevue

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:01 AM

I think the naches trail has got to be one of my favorite trails. I have done it several times in various vehicles, and each time is better than the last. I have never done the lower section of it, as the ruts were too deep, but the upper section was a blast, taking 3 or 4 hours to complete depending on beer, and picture breaks. This trail would be *perfect* for a lifted soob. I am looking forward to it. :headbang:

#16 uncoolperson

uncoolperson

Idiot with a screwdriver

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • B-ham

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:10 AM

hey id realy like to go i just got a new 86 soob wagon and i put new front struts in it i got a cb and pretty good off road tires nothin specail tho would i need a lift kit i have been planin to get one or make one but dont have the money but id really like to take my new wagon on her maden voyage can any one help?

most of us will be patient people (and lots of big trucks to pull you/me out of stuff), also i saw on some site abunch of people in xterras did the trail... not sure what that means, but i'd give it a go unlifted (and see what happens)

if i'm wrong with this assumption, someone please correct me (i've never been there)

do a google search for ... nevermind, I did it for you
http://www.xterra4x4.com/Trips/Nachos2002/index.html

#17 uncoolperson

uncoolperson

Idiot with a screwdriver

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • B-ham

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:38 AM

most of us will be patient people (and lots of big trucks to pull you/me out of stuff), also i saw on some site abunch of people in xterras did the trail... not sure what that means, but i'd give it a go unlifted (and see what happens)

if i'm wrong with this assumption, someone please correct me (i've never been there)

do a google search for ... nevermind, I did it for you
http://www.xterra4x4.com/Trips/Nachos2002/index.html

I was just told that was bad advice...

#18 uncoolperson

uncoolperson

Idiot with a screwdriver

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • B-ham

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:12 AM

less than a week to go!

#19 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,583 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:24 AM

less than a week to go!

Its going to be super hot over there

#20 longtrackrmk

longtrackrmk

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Pasco

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:21 AM

less than a week to go!

Looks like my plans have changed! Going to try and make the run with you!

#21 uncoolperson

uncoolperson

Idiot with a screwdriver

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • B-ham

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:51 AM

Looks like my plans have changed! Going to try and make the run with you!

yay! we might be looking at quite the good soob showing:banana:

(i've been packing for a week and a half, tincy bit excited.... then again we have been planning this for almost 6 months)

#22 scrap487

scrap487

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • Government Camp

Posted 30 July 2006 - 02:14 PM

yay! we might be looking at quite the good soob showing:banana:

(i've been packing for a week and a half, tincy bit excited.... then again we have been planning this for almost 6 months)

arghhh.. i've ran into trouble, I've been having trouble getting my rig together, i'm just now gonna be pulling the engine tonight... and I dont have a new one to put in yet... worst comes to worse I can scavange any good bearings off this other bad engine I have and try to make the best of what clutch I have left :-\ I've read alot about naches pass and I really want to go but bleh

#23 uncoolperson

uncoolperson

Idiot with a screwdriver

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • B-ham

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:41 PM

arghhh.. i've ran into trouble, I've been having trouble getting my rig together, i'm just now gonna be pulling the engine tonight... and I dont have a new one to put in yet... worst comes to worse I can scavange any good bearings off this other bad engine I have and try to make the best of what clutch I have left :-\ I've read alot about naches pass and I really want to go but bleh

if you were closer dude, i'd be helpin... good luck on your repairs. if it takes a few days, you can always meet up with us on the other side of the mountains for random wheeling stupidity.

sorry i can't lend a hand, just way too far away.

#24 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,583 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:45 PM

random wheeling stupidity.

I always wondered what to call it now I know:lol: :banana: :banana: :eek: :cool:

#25 uncoolperson

uncoolperson

Idiot with a screwdriver

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • B-ham

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:02 AM

8 hour count down...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users