Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Next NW rallycross June 24th--Scores posted

i am sorry...but i still cannot find info .:)

Here's Ananda's post on NASIOC:

June 24th, near the famous Brooklyn Tavern, the Pacific Rally Group will be hosting the first Rallycross for 2006! (FYI, the Rallycross was scheduled for the ORV Park in Grays County, but due to a conflict of dates, the event was moved to Brooklynn. Same date, different place.)

SCCA-NWR members $25

Non-members $30

Junior Rally Group members $15

Spectators $10 per car load (this fee is charged by the Park, not PRG)

For more information contact Kim Craddock at nwrallymom@yahoo.com or at hm: 360-273-7310 or cl: 360-508-9072.

A couple notes:

You can qualify for the membership price level if you want to join the Pacific Rally Group for $20. PRG is the Rally organiztion in the northwest that is putting on all the stage rallyes and rallycrosses. It is an annual membership that provides secondary insurance at all motorsport events, a region newsletter, and discount entrance fees. PRG will be hosting more rallycrosses this year and will likely be promoting a 6 event championship series. So the membership will definitely pay for itself.

The Junior Rally Group is a new program for NWR SCCA promoting those interested in motorsports and safe driving. You have to be in the age range of 15-20, and when you turn 21 you could get a SCCA competition license, which allows you to race in SCCA events. Joining JRG will cost $10 for an annual membership and you will get a T-shirt and reduced entry fees to rallycrosses and maybe autocrosses (this is being discussed at the autocross meetings).

The Rallycross will be held at the City of Brooklyn. Driving directions are:

The quickest route to Brooklyn from Puget Sound is to take exit 104 from I-5, stay on the 4-lane freeway to McCleary, take the Mox-Chehalis road to Malone at Highway 12, go Left to Porter on Hwy 12, Right at Porter over RXR tracks and bridge, Left at next intersection toward Oakville, follow several miles then turn Right toward Brooklyn on the Garrard Cr. Rd, follow this keeping to the Right two times where needed, then 7 miles of Gravel (the Brooklyn Stage), then follow to the Tavern. The farm will be about 1/4 mi before the Tav.

From NB I-5 from Chehalis and points South, take the Hwy 12 Westbound exit toward Aberdeen (I think it's Exit 88B), follow to Oakville, turn Left at State St, follow out of town a ways, then Turn Left at the Garrard Creek Rd toward Brooklyn just after a long bridge. Then follow the directions in the above paragraph.

i am sorry...but i still cannot find info on the whens and wheres of the event other than that it is at so little tavern or something.:mad:

would someone please be a little more specific on the details.....PLEASE?!?!?!?!:)

If I remember correctly, you're coming from Tacoma. So head south to Olympia and here are the rest of the directions from the Historic Brooklyn Tavern website:

Take I-5 South, take, Grand Mound, Rochester Exit (#88), turn right. Go to Oakville, turn left at the "Only Tavern", go approx. 2 miles (watch your speed through the Indian Reservation), go over the old bridge, immediately after the bridge, watch for a left hand road, and a small sign to Brooklyn, turn left, go approximately 3-5 miles, watch for "Y" in the road, and a sign pointing to the right that says "Brooklyn." If you miss this, you will end up in Centralia. Turn right, stay on the main road approximately 3 miles until it turns to gravel, drive approximately 7 miles until you hit pavement, drive another approximate 3 miles and watch to your right for the Historic Brooklyn Tavern. DON'T BLINK!!!

I intend to leave home about 4:30 am and be passing through Olympia around 6 am. I will stop for Breakfast at the red restaurant at exit 88 and then continue on. I expect to arrive around 7:30. If you want to follow me in drop me a PM and give me your cell # and I'll give you mine and we can try to hook up somewhere between Tacoma and Exit 88.

I hate that the brooklyn rally x's are never on sundays... I will have to pressure my boss to let me have this off. But sense i'm taking like 4 days off the week after for dental surgery... I don't think its going to happen.:cool:
Maybe they do it on Saturday so that people will have another day in the weekend if they need to get something else done, like get their car towed home, or maybe they do it to keep people from racing on the gravel roads around there.

I think the primary reason for the Saturday events is that they post their calendar late and need to stay off other events which have already parked on the Sunday. I like it since I don't have to work on Saturday and I still have Sunday available even though I've attended the rallycross.

Here's some updates on the June 24th event. You can get more information and an entry form at their website:

http://www.historicbrooklyntavern.com/

Here's the schedule:

• Morning Session: SR, SF, PR, PF, M2 (formerly G2,G5, Production, Truck/SUV classes)
  • 08:00 - 9:00 Technical Inspection/Registration Location: 2050 North River Road, Cosmopolis WA 98537
  • 09:15 Drivers Meeting Location 2697 North River Rd. Cosmopolis WA 98537
  • 09:30 Parade Lap
  • 09:45 First Car Out 12:00 ? Lunch Break (after morning classes runs completed)
  • Afternoon session: SA, MA (formerly Production GT and Open classes)
  • 12:00- 13:00. Afternoon Technical Inspection/Registration 2050 North River Rd. Cosmopolis WA 98537
  • 13:15 Drivers Meeting Location 2697 North River Rd. Cosmopolis WA 98537
  • 13:30 Parade Lap
  • 14:45 First Car Out
  • 16:00 ? Finish/Awards (as soon as afternoon classes runs are completed)

Although I expect to run PA class (maybe SA if my tires are allowed), I plan to leave/arrive early in the morning. There's a restaurant on the west side of Exit 88 (off I-5) that's a great place for breakfast. I plan to be there at 6:30AM; I wouldn't mind company if you're up for it. The place is easy to find since you can see it from the exit and it's painted red; I forgot the name of it, but had breakfast there twice for last year's two events.

Congrats to Matt(M4) and Mark(PA) for their first place finishes. I made a uge mistake on the first run and just couldn't catch back up. Almost but not enough.

Good job guys!! :clap:

This was a truly interesting course. If you haven't experienced a Brooklyn rallyX then you should really try it. Beware though, the course is much rougher than anything Hillsboro could ever throw at you. Sump guards/skid plates are a must. The terrain changes are a great change from the otherwise flat stuff we are used to. Janice and her crew make big strides every event and make it fun and entertaining.

This was a truly interesting course. If you haven't experienced a Brooklyn rallyX then you should really try it. Beware though, the course is much rougher than anything Hillsboro could ever throw at you. Sump guards/skid plates are a must. The terrain changes are a great change from the otherwise flat stuff we are used to.

I'll second the comment on the sump guard. I wasn't able to install mine in time for the event and managed to get some air in the "chute" between two of the fields (two farmer's fields separated by a thick grove of trees...it's like going through a tunnel...very cool). I put a fairly severe dent in the oil pan. No ugly noises or cracks but it's something I should look into repairing before the next event. It was another fine event; I wasn't happy with my performance, but I had a good time anyway. My biggest problem (besides being too slow:rolleyes: ) is I have no short term memory and I don't remember the course from one run to the next. It's compounded at Brooklyn since the farmer only cuts the tall grass for the course and you can't see around the corners to set up the line for the next turn and a couple of cones were set up off-line for the next corner. Part of the challenge and I'll have to work around it. Maybe I should get a co-driver to read me pace notes:grin: . It worked on my last run when Billy rode with me. Gave me tip for one section of the course where I had trouble.