Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

source4bearings4 T belt idler pulleys???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bgambino

bgambino

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • new york

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:55 PM

I'd like to get new bearing and have them pressed into a couple of my idler pulleys (96 DOHC 2.5 OB)....especially the toothed idler...I bet this sucker is costly
Went to car quest..they looked up he bearing numbers I gave them and said no good
Anyone?
Also....is 1st subaru still in existence? I thought they sold OEM parts about 10% over cost.
Someone said there is a difference between the website and calling in (differing prices)
thanks

#2 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,596 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:12 PM

https://www.subaruge..._parts_cat.html

try here. If you need to call ask for Jamie, shes on this board.

nipper

#3 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,896 posts
  • WV

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:18 AM

your best bet would be to get the numbers off the face of the pulleys and any bearing supply house can match those numbers with the correct bearings.

if i were you i'd get an entire set of used pulleys. i'm sure there are plenty lying around, i have some from a 2.5 SOHC sitting somewhere. post in the parts wanted forum or find a junkyard that has a bad motor. or go to a pull it yourself yard and get a set of old pulleys. get these all rebuilt that way you have new pulleys ready to go when you do the timing belt job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users